Foreclosure in Hawley>Question Details

Drew, Home Owner in Hawley, PA

I've been in foreclosure for over 4 years, the banks promise help with loan modification but instead continue to sell my loan. What can I do?

Asked by Drew, Hawley, PA Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

4
You should contact a lawyer. Realtors do not have the expertise to answer your question
Tim, I knew people who hadn't made a mortgage payment in two years...and it was at least another year after that before the bank officially took over the home. I would suppose it depends on the bank when it comes to how quickly a home taken over.

Drew, I am not sure I understand your question - are you saying you want to try and keep your home? Have you been making payments at all?

This page may be of help to you: (link below). It is from the State of PA.
Does that mean that you haven't had a mortage payment for 48 months?
Have you been saving that money?

Good luck and may God bless
Confusing. You have been in a foreclosure procedure for 4 years? Why have they not gone to the final step and auctioned it? That seems like a long time to be in the process of a foreclosure which usually runs months to a year. Banks can promise a lot and deliver nothing, it's what they do. I am not sure who would buy your loan if you were in fact in foreclosure so I wonder if you really are or I wonder if they are just changing the servicer of the loan and you think it has been sold. The servicer is the company (bank or whatever) where you send you payments each month. If you are in foreclosure you likely would not be making payments but maybe you are making some.
They have not auctioned it because they keep requesting the same documents to complete my loan modification. I mail them out over and over but they say they need more information or didn't receive any of it. I started out with one bank and after two years they said they sold my loan to another bank, then two years later that bank sold it back to the original bank. I was told I needed to pay the entire amount owed, but I cannot. I need that modification and do not know what's going on or which bank to trust.
Flag Tue May 22, 2012