Foreclosure in Marshall>Question Details

Mitchell_m, Other/Just Looking in Marshall, VA

I signed up for RealtyTrac, yet they could not find this property in their database?! Who else can I contact?

Asked by Mitchell_m, Marshall, VA Sun Jun 27, 2010

I had an interest in this property. I signed up for the 7 day trial on RealtyTrac, but after numerous attempts this property could not be located in their database. Who else can I contact to get information on this property?

Answers

5
Contact a local agents to give you info on listings. If you do not have one, let me know and I can help you. I am local to Fauquier county, specifically the Northern end. Good luck!
Thank you for your question Mitchell. You can use bank/lender websites to get information about a specific property. Bank of America, Freddie Mac, & Fannie Mae have REO properties listed on their websites. You must search their databases. These bank websites have the listing agents name, number, and other basic information.
Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--or some kind of filing fee, etc. --some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.
Mitchell, Mitchell, Mitchell . . . .

Nearly all of us here on Trulia warn against believing the information on RealtyTrac. And nearly all of us advise people not to sign up for the trial period.

As Scott notes, what appear to be RealtyTrac "listings" are actually ads. Most of those homes aren't for sale, and for those that are, few are listed for the price in the ad. RealtyTrac neither buys nor sells homes.

Why, oh why, did you ignore that advice?

Here's what you do:

(1) Cancel your RealtyTrac subscription immediately.

(2) Contact a Realtor around Marshall to help you locate properties (including foreclosures, if that's what you want) that really are for sale.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Realty Trac does not list or sell reasl estate, they only sell information posting listings that are actually ads for their service. You are better off first checking to see if the town/city where the hous eis located ahas an online database for the tax cards through the assessors office. If not you will have to go to the town or city hall and pull up the tax crad, this will have alot of information you need. On teh card is usually teh book and page of teh last owner. you can search that to see what they paid or what they owe etc.

good luck with your search
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com