Foreclosure in Laguna Woods>Question Details

Duc  Nguyen, Home Buyer in Garden Grove, CA

I see many foreclosured house in Languna Woods. They are priced at S60,000-80,000. Can I buy one of them at that price?

Asked by Duc Nguyen, Garden Grove, CA Sat Jul 23, 2011

Answers

2
Hello Duc,

Laguna Woods is a bit different community than many surrounding areas. Besides the age requirement there are homes that are zoned as condos there but there are also many zoned as coops. A cooperative home for sale is usually priced lower than the condos due to the different rules these 'owners' have. Their dues is higher and many items in the home (appliances for example) may be covered under the coop and actually owned by them too. If thinking of an investment purchase then a coop may not work since I believe they have rules on how long a coop can be occupied by non owners.

I would suggest going online and doing some research and then if still interested let's take a look at what is available, I can easily send you a list. The community offers its residents many services and amenities.

I have worked in the community before but there are many agents that specialize in there, I would be happy to assist you or if I felt I couldn't I know a very good agent that primarily works that community.

Brian Wilson, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
949-933-0852
Duc if you are 55 plus I don't see why not. Are you familiar with the area? The HOA's are 500 plus. Give me a call so that we can schedule a meeting. 949-201-6887.

Bonnie Hart
Keller Williams