Foreclosure in Sunrise>Question Details

Ebalzan, Home Buyer in Sunrise, FL

I saw a property, and the neighbors say its been abandoned for 3 years. It is not listed so could it be in foreclosure? I want to buy it.

Asked by Ebalzan, Sunrise, FL Thu Mar 31, 2011

The house has a sticker on it that says in violation of code (City of Sunrise, FL) and the neighbors would like someone to buy it. Last owner of record was 6 years ago but it has been abandoned. Who can help me find out how to buy it or if it is available?

Answers

6
Hi Ebalzan,

Please feel free to contact me with the address and I will look it up for you and hopefully be able to tell what the status of it is.

Ana Huffer
Galleria International Realty
(305) 951-7201
AnaHuffer@att.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 31, 2011
A local Realtor can help.

Or: Try knocking on the neighbors' doors. Explain that you're interested in buying it--do they know where the owner is? Someone will.

If it's been abandoned for 3 years, it's possible it's been sold by the city or county for back taxes. Someone in the city or county tax assessor's office should be able to answer that.

But try a Realtor before plunging into the bureaucratic thicket yourself. And try door knocking.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 31, 2011
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Contact a local real estate agent and have the agent check out the property for you. The service is free.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 31, 2011
Let me know the address .

J. Anthony Prieto
Let me know the address so I can serch for it.

Sedat Celik
You should check with town/city hall, look at the tax card for the current owners name to see if it has been transferred into a bank yet, If not then you can research teh deed at the county records or registry of deeds for that county, see who held teh mortgage, google them and call them with the address. good luck

Please see my blog for tips on buying bank owned homes