Foreclosure in Randolph>Question Details

Marjorie, Home Buyer in 07869

I saw a good foreclosure on our local sheriff sales website. When i called the plaintiff bank there was no record of it. How would i proceed to get?

Asked by Marjorie, 07869 Mon Apr 12, 2010

more information?

Answers

4
Thanks for your question about finding out more information on a possible foreclosure property. Call a few real estate agents who specialize in foreclosure and tell them the property address. A good agent should be able to get more information for you. RealtyTrac lists the same information that the courts do, however, they are more organized than most governments, so they may have more information. I recommend submitting a request for an agent to contact you from their website.
Do your due diligence first. If we are researching a foreclosure for a potential buyer, we cross reference the property on many different sites to see what the status is. There is attorney information on the sherriff site, that can be a good place to start. Tax info, MLS info, and we work with a bank property inspector who often knows best what is going on with an individual property in the area. Let us know if we can assist.
Doug Tucker
973 769 1563
Marjorie, Mary is correct. Presently the sheriff has ownership of the property and if you wish to try to obtain the property you need to go to the sheriff sale. Remember the sale doesn't have to go to the highest bidder if the reserve price is not met. Also banks have bidders as well if they deem the property as an asset. Marjorie if you would like to speak with a mortgage loan consutant, I live in Randolph and would be happy to speak with you in person.
If I am correct, you don't go through the bank if it's a sheriffs sale. You work directly within the guidelines of the county sheriff regarding how to preview the property, make an offer (ie: how much cash you have to have at auction day, when you take posession etc)

I suggest looking further into it on the sherrif sale website or call them directly to make sure you understand how the process works.