Foreclosure in Modesto>Question Details

Sassys, Renter in Modesto, CA

I rent a room from a homeowner that has gone through a foreclosure process, been evicted, & left the state, unbenounced to me - what do I do?

Asked by Sassys, Modesto, CA Tue Aug 24, 2010

Answers

5
Desari Jabbar’s answer
If you have a lease, the bank has to honor it. If not, you can (and should) negotiate a financial relocation agreement. The bank's representative will contact you about this. Definitely, look for some other housing options so that when the time comes you'll be prepared.

Best of luck to you.
Web Reference: http://www.DesariJabbar.com
If you have a lease you have rights. You might be entitled to receive relocation assistance. Please feel free to email me with more details and would be happy to help. I would continue to look for a new place while you figure everything out. Hope this helps.
You need to find out what are your rights in California. Each state has different laws. So I would contract someone for legal advise. How were you not evicted when the homeowner was?
I would look for another place to live ASAP. Even if you have a written document with the old owner, the lender or other party who bought the home do not have to honor it.
Did you have a lease agreement--you may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and check out any legal rights you may have--at the same time, do look for another place to call home.