Foreclosure in California>Question Details

Enrique Carl…, Renter in California

I rent a house in Northen Ca, the house is been foreclosure and we've been ask to leave,,, what are my rights, and wat can I do.

Asked by Enrique Carlos, California Tue Aug 9, 2011

I have no money to move out.

Help the community by answering this question:


The one at this point that can tell you to leave is the bank by giving you a notice, but the new owners will also have the same right to tell you to leave as well. Your contract will not matter at that point.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 10, 2011
Hi Enrique, Who asked you to leave? If it was the bank that foreclosed you have a certain amount of time to leave. Each state is different look up you tenant laws in your county/state to know what your rights are.

All the Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 9, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer