Foreclosure in 34653>Question Details

Barje, Home Seller in 34653

I received on Thanksgiving Eve, a certified letter from Am Home Mrtge's lawyer telling me I must pay the 2 months premiums that I recently

Asked by Barje, 34653 Sun Nov 29, 2009

couldn't pay due to monetary hardships. I was going to move to my Mom's house and short sell this house. They say if I cannot pay by Dec 22nd, they will ask for the whole loan amount. Upon nonpayment of that, they will foreclose on my house. This is not even a month to clean and pack my house up to move. Can I get a time extension of a few months to packup & move and then come back and clean my house. I have a good real estate agent in mind to handle the short sale. How do I go about this so that I am in charge instead of the mortgage company? I am very short money right now because after taking care of my Mom for 9 year, she passed away on Sept 5th. She had cancer and bills were many. After paying all the bills, I found myself staring at 2 empty bank accounts. I am out there looking for a job at 64 yrs-old and things will be okay once I am settled at Mom's and I'm med transcribing, listing items for the online auction houses, & doing some internet marketing. I just need more TIME

Help the community by answering this question:


Great answer from Jeff!

Barje, I knew that Florida has one of the longest, if not the longest, redemtion period, but no details. Here in Minnesota the regular redemtion period is 6 months.

Again, seek for help, once you find a job, maybe appply for a Mortgage Modification.


0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 30, 2009
Barje, seek local help.

Please check this websites from local non profits.
T: 800-251-2227
F: 404-260-3340
W: 5945 Florida Avenue
New Port Richey, Florida 34652

Consumer Credit Counseling Service Of Greater Atlanta P: 800-741-7040
W: 5945 Florida Ave.
New Port Richey, Florida 34652…

I got his information from, so this should be non profit companies.

I had hear that some lenders will give borrowers a Forbernce plan. Also, contact your lender ASAP and ask for help with HOPE department/Home Retention or Loss Mittigation. If you want to keep the property, tell them!

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 29, 2009

Good evening. While I have not seen the exact letter that you are referencing it sounds like you received notification of your lenders intent to "accelerate" your note. This is typical when payments become past due. I expect that the deadline mentioned in the letter you received is referring to you making the payments current to avoid any further proceedings. I would not expect this to mean that you would be loosing your home to foreclosure on the 22nd of December.

Should you be unable to catch up the note by that date your lender will proceed with the foreclosure process. I would recommend that you speak with an experienced agent in your area, possibly a real estate attorney for advice about your particular situation. While it may appear to be quite bleak, there are still options available to you, but don't wait to get in front of someone that can help.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 29, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer