Foreclosure in 88101>Question Details

Rhondaw, Home Owner in 88101

I paid off my morgage in full will be nearly a year ago still no one knows where the deed to my house is! how would i find it? anyone have any ideals?

Asked by Rhondaw, 88101 Thu Oct 28, 2010

my house is in Clovis New Mexico,

Answers

6
You may also want to contact the title company that you closed with.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 31, 2010
i have contacted the mortgage and the city hall no one knows where the deed would be!
I would say contact the mortgage company or you can go down to your local courthouse. Good luck!
You have the deed and if you can not find it you can get a copy at your city/town hall.
So many people confuse mortgages with auto loans with auto loans the lender keeps the title but with a mortgage it is a loan which is secured by a lien placed on your deed which you own.
Dear Rhondaw,
Contact the mortgage company that you were paying your mortgage to.That would be the best place to check first. Deeds are also recorded at the County Recorder Office in the city where your home is located.
A real estate lawyer should be able to help. Or check with a title company with an in-house lawyer.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA