Foreclosure in 03031>Question Details

Buyer, Both Buyer and Seller in 03031

I'm interested in buying a foreclosed home in Amherst or Mont Vernon. How do I find those homes? It seems most of the websites require payment.

Asked by Buyer, 03031 Fri May 21, 2010

I grew up in Amherst and currently live with my family in Mont Vernon. Send me a direct email and I will be happy to set up a custom search string that will send you daily updates of REO and Short Sale homes that are for sale. I just closed on one the other day!
Web Reference:
Hello Buyer- Some great answers and links here.
What about here at Trulia? You can do a property seach and check off "foreclosures" in the advanced search criteria. If you need any other help, please let me know. Good luck,
Ken L.
Hi. I would suggest hooking up with an agent and pay them something outside of closing to help you. They can help you through the process of buying a foreclosure and through a P&S.... it might be worth it for you. I subscribe to publications like the registry review where they list the foreclosure sales, when they are etc.... as a broker
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 29, 2010
If you are looking at RealtyTrac's listings--Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information is not always accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.

The Banks & Gov. have created sites to provide the Public with access to their Properties for Sale and Bid/Purchase Process and these sites also have a lot of loan info, special programs ect...They are all Free and designed/created specifically to give the Public access to this information for Free

Check out the Chase Properties for sale...

Wells Fargo...

Bank of America...

Gov sites...

Here's a couple sites that provide links to these sites and more... ....

For Tax Sales...Using a Public Records Search Machine to search County Records can provide you more info than you thought...

Nationally by State/County..…

There are also sites like...

Of course use due diligence...

Dunes the Non-Pro who became a TruliaPro for $20
As long as you are smart about it and cancel your membership before the trial period ends, you won't actually be spending any money to get information from the paid websites. Did you notice that all of the people telling you to work with agents are....agents? I always start on my own and then move to working with an agent via referral. Like I said, just don't forget that you signed up and you'll have a good starting point that will save you time on the phone with various agents hungry for a buyer.
Never, ever, ever pay a penny for information on any listing. Ever.

Maybe I'm not being clear. Let me try again. Never pay for information on any listing.

Any questions so far?

If you're interested in buying a foreclosed home, contact a Realtor who serves those areas. You'll get complete, accurate, timely information for free.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Banks have concluded that the best place to put REOs is on the local MLS. RealtyTrac, ForeclosureRadar and others provide information ONLY – not listings.

Find a good local REALTOR® and have them:

(1) Provide a list of all REOs currently on the market,

(2) Provide you with an auto feed that will alert you as new REOs become available.
Good Morning,

You do not have to pay any website to get listings. The easiest way is to have an agent provide you with listings that meet your criteria. I would be more than happy to email you listing sheets for houses that may meet you rneeds. Just send me an email with what you are looking for and the price range.

If you do not want to work with anyone you can use sites like or to search the mls for NH.

Good luck with your search and i look forward to hearing from you

Scott Godzyk
Godzyk Realty Group
Web Reference:

Speak with a local Realtor in your area. Do NOT pay for any of those services on the web that send you 'lists' of foreclosures. These lists are dubious and sometimes just reflect filings made in the courthouse, with little or no other information about the house. They charge you for information that you could have received from a good, agressive real estate agent.

Ask your Realtor to send you foreclosures and to put you on an 'auto-notify' list so you can get them when they come up for sale, too.

Scott Miller, Realtor®
Estate Specialist
Commercial RE
Business Broker
Realty Associates
561.716.4060 direct
561.451.9377 fax