Foreclosure in 85014>Question Details

blancaizagui…, Home Buyer in Schaumburg, IL

I lost my home even though I was trying to save it since July thru a modification program. Is there anything I can do?

Asked by blancaizaguirre76, Schaumburg, IL Tue Dec 11, 2012

Answers

10
Hi Blanca,

Like most of the others have already said, if you feel you were foreclosed on in error, the easiest route would probably be to contact an attorney to help guide you the process of disputing. I have rarely heard of too many situations in Arizona where the banks have been found guilty of improper foreclosure but it never hurts to check. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of homeowners who have lost their homes while trying to modify with no success. Was this an investment property for you or was it a second home? If investment, do you have any others that you are trying to modify as well. If so, please give me a call. I may be able to help you with the process so you don't lose another home. My office is very close to your former home if it was in 85014.

Greg Corbett
Green Street Realty
602-790-0075
greg@greenstreetrealty.com
Yes, there is possibly a LOT that you can do. It ALL depends on if your bank SOLD your note or not, and the odds are that they DID.

If they DID sell your note, then you CAN get your home back.

Some people are even getting their mortgage payments back from the bank.

Visit: http://SikesandSons.com/foreclosure for more details

Be sure and download the free ebook under the big red arrows.

Well, it depends on how the home was processed. If it was packaged up and sold to Wall Street, like most homes were, then "Yes", there is a lot you can do.

Get the free ebook that will walk you through the process, at http://sikesandsons.com/foreclosure
I'm assuming the home has now been foreclosed? If that's the case, probably nothing but you can always hire a lawyer to check into it for you. Not sure I'd want to spend the money, but spend the next few years saving money and building up your credit so you're able to possibly purchase in the future. All the best!
Has the bank foreclose on your home?
Dear Blan:

If you are asking about getting another home now that the other home has been lost. First, start repairing your credit by seeing a loan officer. They can tell you what you will need to work on. Start by paying your other non mortgage bills on time. After 3 years,depending on circumstances you can re-apply for an FHA loan.

In the meantime. before 3 years?

1. Purchase a seller may carry home (see listings in Phoenix metro as an example): http://link.flexmls.com/ub7k1q5dnm5,12 This type of financing is usually interim financing allowing you time to get re-qualifiied. A large down payment will be required.
2.Ask family members to purchase a home or co-sign for you
3. Hard money lenders if you have down payment money and can take the higher interest rate
3. Rent
4. Buy a less expensive home in a perimeter city like Florence, Buckeye, Maricopa for cash

Jeff Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart Realty
Scottsdale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
Generally speaking, if you feel that you have been improperly foreclosed upon, you can try contacting your state Attorney General's office to file a complaint. You may also consider hiring an attorney who specializes in foreclosures to try to have yours reversed if something shady took place.

Despite the headlines from a couple of years ago, the vast majority of foreclosures that take place are legal. If you were in the middle of a modification process, it's important to know which modification program was being used and whether the servicer/lender had an obligation to postpone any foreclosure actions while your modification was being decisioned. If your modification was not part of the federal Making Home Affordable program, your options and rights may be limited.

I work in foreclosures here in Arizona and several of our bank clients foreclosed on homeowners who were in the middle of modifying their loans. In those cases, the bank's response was essentially that even though the borrowers were being considered for a modification, the bank had no legal duty to postpone the foreclosure date if a decision had not been made by the time the foreclosure took place. In the bank's words, they made no written commitment to the borrowers that the foreclosure process would be halted in any way.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your home, however as you can see you have a complicated situation on your hands. I wish you the best of luck.
You are certainly not alone. You may want to seek legal counsel to see if you were lied to, swindled or other such things lenders have been accused of doing. You can also contact the Arizona Attorney General's office to see if they have ideas of what to you.

What do you mean by "I lost my home"?
It was foreclosed on. It was sold on 12/4 and the bank bought it.
Flag Tue Dec 11, 2012