Foreclosure in 91335>Question Details

nitechild63, Home Owner in Reseda, CA

I live in Lake County Illinois and my house is in Foreclosure. When can I stop paying the HOA fees? The day the house is sold in the Sheriff's

Asked by nitechild63, Reseda, CA Wed May 1, 2013

sale?

Answers

7
If it goes to sale, the loan servicer will pay the HOA dues that are due and/or past due.

Prior to sale, and depending on how delinquent you might get, the HOA can foreclose. If you aren't paying your mortgage, why pay your HOA?
Why do you let your house being foreclosed?
Why not to short sale it?
If your house in Reseda, my team and I would be happy to assist you and answer all your questions. I work on Short Sales with an attorney, but you don't need to pay us anything at all.
Give me a call 310 867 0698 or email: inna@mannnisrealestate.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Inna Ivchenko
Short Sale and Pre-Foreclosure Specialist,
Certified HAFA specialist.
I recommend a short sale of the property. Did you know that the short sale will also pay off or settle with the HOA (homeowners association)? So, it's a good option. Feel free to contact me for any questions or if you need assistance.

http://www.Short-Sale-Vs-Foreclosure-Help.com

Sara Mehrpouyan
Rodeo Realty
Direct phone 818-903-2040
Email smehr818@gmail.com
BreLicense#01712757
Yes. You are responsible until it is auctioned off. Remember, you will get through this. Best of Luck to You!
Hi Nite

Prudent to do a Short Sale than a Foreclosure.

Work with the many fine agents writing to you.

Since, you are not paying your mortgage now, then its
time to call a Realtor.

Perry
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013

I have worked on these since 1990.

Call me or email me and I will give you the best advice I can.

Al Goldberg Broker
800-765-3609
ALYourBroker@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Please get a Short Sale going RIGHT NOW, if you would like a referral to someone I Will interview agents in your area, to make sure they have a 95%+ success rate closing short sales, I can find that person for you.

This gets tricky, but if you're at a point where you're a week before D-Day (the Sheriff sale), just watch it & make sure you're paid current for that final month. I don't believe you're paying in arrears for your HOA dues, but you DO NOT want to become late, trust me the HOA will slap HIGH late fees / fines to your account & can come after you After your place sells at auction or reverts to your lien holder.

I don't know what the rules are in Illinois but, here in CA I can get auction dates postponed within even 24hrs prior to an auction sale.

Shoot me an email directly so I can talk to you about this further, you should be doing everything possible to NOT have a foreclosure on your record since your lender is not too interested in giving you a loan modification or they wouldn't have let it get to this point. Lenders are just taking advantage of underwater homeowners who are missing payments.

I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
Short Sale Listing Agent
100% Success Rate in CA
LOL. That's comical that you state its the lender that let it get to this point.
Flag Mon May 19, 2014