Foreclosure in Kailua Kona>Question Details

Aekar5, Home Buyer in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been told that one must have Hawaiian blood to own property in Hawaii. Is this a fact? Thanks Ed Testerman aekar5@verizon.net

Asked by Aekar5, Kailua Kona, HI Sun Aug 26, 2012

Answers

5
Aloha Ed,

That is not true as a general rule (exception, if your are trying to by designated Hawaiian Homes Land property) but it helps if you maintain the spirt of Aloha in your everyday life. If you need help in finding proeprty give me a call or email me.

Mahalo nui loa,

Bill Parecki

Realtor Salesperson (RS)
Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR)
REO Default Certified Professional (RDCPro)
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resources (SFR)
Technology and Social Media Certified (E-Pro)
Certified Foreclosure Specialist (CFA)

Top 1% of Agents in the State of Hawaii

There is no substitute for experience

Hawaiian Island Homes Ltd
Telephone: (808) 345-8818
Facsimile: (808) 934-7400
E-Mail
HawaiianIslandHomes@gmail.com
Aloha! It is not true, as a general rule. However there are some limited cases where it is the case. I notice that you are from Kailua-Kona. The residential developments just mauka of Kealakehe High School are such a case. Just one of the many situations which leads me to tell my clients: "Buying property in the State of Hawaii is different from the rest of the U.S.; buying property on Hawaii Island is different from buying in the rest of the State!" Another reason to consult a locally-knowledgeable Realtor! John M. Sevick, RS; Aloha Kona Realty Inc.; 808-938-1004 iPhone for voice, text or internet; sevickjohn@gmail.com
Aloha, Ed -- Anyone can invest in Hawaii, including international Buyers. Perhaps what you might be referring to are specially designated Hawaiian Homelands, which are leasehold properties (vs. fee simple). And for the Hawaiian Homelands, there is a minimum Hawaiian blood quantum requirement. And the Big Island is the most affordable island in which to invest.

Aloha, Julie Ching, Realtor/Broker/Broker-In-Charge, Windermere/C&H Properties, 808.987.4129, AlohaJulieChing@gmail.com
This mis-information probably stems from "Hawaiian Homelands." In fact, you must be able to prove Hawaiian ancestry to lease or purchase these properties. These specially designated lands are the vast minority, however. Hope this helps!
Aloha Ed, that is not true. Please call me at 808-885-6651 or email me at kamuelatravel@msn.com your phone number, mahalo(thank you). Aloha, Jim Dahlberg, Realtor.