Foreclosure in Waynetown>Question Details

Tina, Other/Just Looking in Waynetown, IN

I have been going through the loss of my home for 2yrs now about 1yr ago I had a specialist look at my loan and the resusts showed a Preditory Loan.

Asked by Tina, Waynetown, IN Sun Feb 7, 2010

Just 2 days ago it went up for Sherriff sale. Should I counter attack when they try to make me pay the difference and can anyone help me get in contact with people that can assist me with this?

Help the community by answering this question:


Sorry to hear you were not able to work things out with your lender prior to the sale and I am surprised that you were not able to use that information to avoid the sheriff sale. Yes I would be prepared to use this information to fight a deficiency judgment keep an eye out for the filing and get an attorney if the lender pursues the deficiency, but you may be happy to hear many lenders are not pursuing them.
Want to get your life back in order and into a home? Want to live in your future home while we get you approved? We have a program that does just that “gets you approved”. “Get Started Now” and cut your “waiting period” in half. Visit for more information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 8, 2010
Hi Tina,

If you had a loan audit and it was believed to be a preditory loan. Did you demand a contract rescind? Snd the lender a Qualified Written Request to protect your credit rating. What did you do with the audit? The audit if was done by a good loan auditor would have been your leverage to figure a workout with your lender. Here is a loan auditor that i know that can guide you moving forward. He is the only one that I know that can send the lender a QWR to protect the borrowers credit rating.

Jack conte
Mortgage Auditor Service
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 8, 2010
Why did you wait a year? Contact a lawyer first thing Monday morning.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 7, 2010
It sounds like it may be late in the process if your property has already gone to foreclosure sale. It appears your goal us to create a defense if the bank tries to obtain a deficiency. The best way to start is to contact the us comptroler of currency and go from there.

I have attached a link that I have on my foreclosure advoidance web site that might assist you to identify people or organizations that may assist you.

Wish you luck.

Keith Manson

First Weber Group

Certified Distressed Property Expert

Metro Milwaukee
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 7, 2010
The fact that you waited until the sale may present a problem and may make it too late for you to do the below. You may want to check and see if it was sold or not. You most definately need an attorney if it is not too late. Speak to a Real Estate Attorney for direction and the possibilty of having to repay the difference.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 7, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer