Foreclosure in Irvine>Question Details

arunyamini, Renter in Irvine, CA

I have applied for a loan mod with citi and the request is in review I got a chance to pull the public record for my property

Asked by arunyamini, Irvine, CA Wed Oct 3, 2012

To my surprise found that there is a foreclosure record.(notice of default)
This is wrong since i have always been current on my payment
how to remove erroneous info off public property record?

Help the community by answering this question:


I can look up the recorded documents for your property RIGHT NOW, I just need your property address, I have a quick & easy way to do this by using my account within the title co. I use with all of my deals.

You may have an NOD filed because if you're doing "trial loan mod" payments, because you're not making the FULL payment, even though you're trrryyyying to get a loan mod, the bank still looks as this as "you're missing payments", hence the NOD. I have seen this happen time & time again.

If your bank doesn't grant you a viable loan modification that makes financial sense for the long term (30yrs) within a MAX time period of 90 days, your chances of getting an actual loan mod is about 1%. Banks are NOT interested in granting loan mods that truly make sense. Put it this way, it only took the bank 2-3wks to analyze your income / assets, credit etc in order to grant you the loan in the first place & now they drag their feet.

Shoot me an email directly, I can help you, either way. I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
100% short sale success ratio
& I can Prove it
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
At this point, I think you can try to fix it yourself. NOD is a recorded document so call the County of Orange recorders office and request a copy of it. This will tell you who recorded it, when, and for how much. Then, if they have record of it, you can start digging into the details

I suspect it may be a mistake if it was only seen on tax records and nobody actually pulled the recorded document. Tax records are notorious for mistakes so stay calm for now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Good morning Arunyamini,
Be careful, if you are correct and your payments are done on time even at the end of the month you should not have NOD notice of default. call your lender ask for payment history for last t 12 months, compare that information against your cancelled checks and see were is the error. if you are correct call you lender tell them to correct that information with credit bureaus, and public records. if you are on trial payment, forbearance or payment plan they will report that you are meeting your original obligations.
there are many ways to fix your problem as long you are correct on your statement.

NMLS 380933
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Sorry to hear about your situation. You may want to contact them and rectify your records asap.. Best to get legal help.
Please contact me for resources.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Who filed the notice of default? You will need that entity to admit their mistake and file a retraction. I suspect that entity will e CitiBank. I am so sorry to say you may need an attorney to do that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer