Foreclosure in 33009>Question Details

Regina, Other/Just Looking in 33026

I have a summary judgement coming up how long will I have before I have to leave my home? I don't want to but I found a minimum wage job and

Asked by Regina, 33026 Mon May 10, 2010

care barely pay the utilities and buy food with it. does me having my pregnant daug. and her 14 mo old living with me effect that at all?

Help the community by answering this question:


Regina you may want to look into public housing and food stamps. Your daughter may qualify for WIC. On a minimum wage job and supporting at least 3 people there are lots of assistance programs you should qualify for.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
Call your local public assistance hot line it is usually 611, they have all kinds of programs to help weather it is directly with your lender or offering legal council to defend you at the summary judgment hearing.
Also calling your lender will not hurt, they do not want your home they have enough and they would rather work things out than foreclose.

Good Luck
Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 10, 2010
Consult with any attorney who specializes in real estate--if you cannot afford one look at your local Legal Aid Society--they can direct you to an attorney who does pro-bono work--free.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 10, 2010
Check with all the sources available to you including free legal advice we know of plenty of people where the banks tried to tell them to leave, most left some stayed and those that stayed the bank had a hard time getting them out.

We should tell you that this is in N.J but do your homework on your state. If a full foreclosure takes place be prepared to leave within 60 to 90 days again depending on your state.

Seek out a lawyer if you can they will give you the best up to the minute advice. Make sure it's one who is well skilled in foreclosures.

We have found alot of resources available to those in foreclosure use all your options..

In the mean time start looking for a place where you can go to when you do have to leave.
All the Very Best to you and yours

Dave & Lisa
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 10, 2010
If you want to know how to stop the foreclosure, email me at :,
Luis S
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 15, 2012
You need to contact a lawyer immediately. We have a lawyer available for a free consultation on staff here at Weichert Realtors International Group. He would be better suited to answer this and any other questions you have.

The link below has some information about how to fight foreclosure. Hope you find it helpful.

If you'd like me to set up an appointment with our lawyer go on my profile and email me!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010

Have you tried to do a pre-foreclosure short sale?

It would allow you to hopefully get the foreclosure sale delayed. Contact a local Realtor immediately and they may be able to help you get the house sold. Also the Realtor may be able to get $3,000 relocation expenses paid to you to help you move into your next place. It sounds like you may easily qualify for a short sale.

I just had a client that was paid $1,500 to relocate on her short sale house.

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer