Foreclosure in Hobart>Question Details

Homebuyer, Home Buyer in Hobart, WI

I have a house that is in foreclosure, but my credit report shows it being included in bankruptcy, which it

Asked by Homebuyer, Hobart, WI Sat May 30, 2009

wasn't. The loan information has not been updated since the bankruptcy was final. Will this change when the foreclosure is final and show it as being foreclosed instead?

Answers

2
If you filed bankuptcy, that will be on your credit report. If the bankruptcy is discharged, that is the date underwriters use as the starting point for starting your new credit history. According to fnma underwriting guidelines you will not qualify for a new home purchase for 5 years after the bankruptcy was discharged. If the bankruptcy was not discharged, but was dismissed, you could have a foreclosure on your record too!
Both items will be on your credit report.

Look at the fnma guidelines for a complete understanding for when you may qualify for a new home purchase.

https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/guides/ssg/annltrs/pdf/2008/0816.pdf

Keith Manson
Firstweber Group
Certified Distress Property Expert
Greenfield,Wisconsin
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 31, 2009
I believe you asked a question about bankruptcy above. if you have a foreclosure on your record,you will have to wait 5-7 years before you can purchase again.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 30, 2009