Foreclosure in Wilkinson>Question Details

Melanie Wisn…, Both Buyer and Seller in Knightstown, IN

I found a property that is recently got an Orange sticker meaning foreclousure...How do I find out who owns the property now?

Asked by Melanie Wisner, Knightstown, IN Fri Jul 23, 2010

Located 6364 N. 875 E. Wilkinson, IN. 46186

Answers

2
Sounds like it is still in the legal process, foreclosure takes a long time and until title is transferred after a foreclosure sale the owner remains the defaulted party. If you think it has already gone to auction, trustee sale or the sale date, you can find out who took ownership at city/town hall. Trying to find info through a Realtor works if the bank has given the listing to a Realtor but with only 25% of all foreclosures having hit the market you may be waiting awhile.
Thank you for your question about finding out who owns a foreclosure property. The key to finding information about a foreclosure property is contacting a local agent who can contact the sellers agent. Based on my experience the sellers agent is the only one who can give accurate information.