Foreclosure in Chicago>Question Details

Barbara Cart…, Both Buyer and Seller in Crown Point, IN

I'd like a realtor who handles lots of foreclosures. We'd like to buy a condo in or around Lakeview.

Asked by Barbara Carten, Crown Point, IN Fri Feb 28, 2014

Answers

17
I am a five star REO red book certified listing agent and can assist you in your purchase of a foreclosure property .
great choice email at jmichaels@remax.net for my foreclosure list in and around lakeview
Greetings Barbara,

Are you looking at making a Cash or Financed Purchase?

If Financed then I suggest you get yourself preapproved.

As per Foreclosures in the Lakeview area, there are a few available but the inventory has dwindled over the last year or so.

Feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to answer any questions about Financing or Foreclosures that you may have.

630-788-5288
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Hi Barbara,

Mary Key is amazing. I can certainly assist you. Our office prints our a foreclosure list weekly. I will tell you the number of pages from last year this time to now is much different, it is 75% smaller. We have cleared the largest cycle as we are headed in the upward property trend that is continuing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 1, 2014
You will want to call Manuel Brown, he specializes in the Lakeview area and has extensive experience dealing with buyers looking to purchase foreclosures.

Manuel Brown Re/Max Edgewater 773.398.7460

Also - Fannie Mae is offering to primary home buyers, 3.5% towards your closing costs on their HomePath.com properties - these are foreclosures that have special terms (5% DP no MI- no condo warranties etc.) I do mortgages for these - contact me to review the amazing terms! This offer from Fannie is only on till 3/31/14 and must close by the end of May - you can check out my blog for more information.

I would be happy to review the terms with you, You can go to my secured website 24/7 and apply for a mortgage and get a pre-approval (for qualifying borrowers) in 10 minutes, plus you will get $150 off your closing costs and free credit report for you to keep.

http://www.guaranteedrate.com/MaryKayLaurent

With warm regards,

Mary Kay Laurent
Associate Vice President of Mortgage Lending
marykay.laurent@guaranteedrate.com

o: 773.516.6859 - m: 312.403.4150 - f: 773.328.1740
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 1, 2014
If you might be considering a single family house as well, I know of one that is not listed yet.
Any Realtor who has been in the business the last five years foots this bill.

However, foreclosures are down in lakeview. You will have a very tough time finding one. The days of being Jessie James and stealing these bad boys is done with. I would suggest finding something that fits your needs and not only focusing on foreclosures.
Hi Barbara. I can help you with a Lakeview foreclosure. I am both an attorney and a real estate broker. Feel free to contact me with any initial questions that you may have.
Barbara,

I'd like to make a point the will sound like basic "common sense" but many buyers overlook this and find out too late that they really don't have good representation.

Your effort to identify an active and good agent to represent YOU is a sound initiative. Where people make the mistake is by contacting the "listing agent" for information and representation. Since this individual already has a working relationship established with the bank/owner and likely has multiple listings with this agency, where do you feel their alliance will fall. With relationships such as these the potential for a "conflict of interest" is just too high.

The basic rule of thumb applies here.....and in most other real estate scenarios, "buyers should have their own personal representation..."

Hope this helps!

Billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
I am a Five Star REO listing agent and represent both banks and now hedge fund investors. Most REO condo sales have first look requirements for owner occupants. Buyer typically is responsible for up to 6 months of unpaid assessments. While I represent most sellers I would be glad to work with a buyer looking to purchase in lake view
You will not likely find a foreclosure in Lakeview these days. You are about 3-yrs too lake, but all agents know how to deal with them except perhaps if they have only been licensed for 6mo. It is not that complicated
There are a lot of considerations here that we can discuss if you call me at 312-738-0232:
1) Do you mean bank owned properties or short sales? There are lots of tradeoffs and you may not be getting the deal you think you are.
2) Look at the staffing model of a broker. How much time can they devote to each client given their volume?
3) Are they willing to share their commission with you? And how can they in these circumstances?
Web Reference: http://lucidrealty.com
Good luck to you , there are a lot of foreclosures in the lakeview area
On the buyer's side, I have 20 closings in the last 3 months for REOs. I am just a single agent, not a team or an agent with 10 assistants so that is a pretty good number. If you are VERY SERIOUS, you can contact me. I handle about 500 clients right now from all over the world looking to buy right now.
Web Reference: http://Www.markmalave.com
I suggest you hire an agent who will represent your best interest and not a broker that handles lots of foreclosures, there's absolutely no benefit for you.
Look at the various broker profiles on Trulia. There are plenty of qualified brokers here. I represented Freddie Mac in selling over 30 of their foreclosed inventory and have represented 39 homeowners sell their home via short sale. I lived in Lakeview for five years and own properties at 655 W Irving and 3930 N Pine Grove. I'd be happy to talk to you.

Jeff Nobleza
Baird & Warner
773 677 5340
Jeff.Nobleza@BairdWarner.com
When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. I can refer you to an EBA in your area, if you like.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyAmerica.com