Foreclosure in 33414>Question Details

Jill B, Both Buyer and Seller in 33414

I bought a foreclosed property in Florida.Recieved a special warrant deed in the mail. It was dated MAY 18TH when we closed on JUNE 20TH. WHY?

Asked by Jill B, 33414 Sun Jul 31, 2011

Answers

9
I know you have read it before....contact the Title company ASAP.
It could also be an error at the County level, assuming the docs you got at closing from title were correct.
My guess is the the bank or asset manager had signed the deed in May but I would definitely call the title company who closed the sale to verify.
John
All of us here agree that you need to contact the title co/closing agent that handled this transaction.
That is odd that they conveyed the deed before closing nad disbursing funds. Call the closing agent and ask for an explanation. http://www.mywellingtonrealestate.info
Web Reference: http://mypbchomes.com
This is a question for the title company or attorney that did your closing. There are so many reasons why this could have happened and Florida Licensed real estate agents are not attorney and can not give legal advice. I would seek the advice of an attorney in Florida regarding your question.
Jill, no one here can answer your question. Call the title company tomorrow and ask them what's going on,
Special warranty deed- What it means is the grantor does not warrant against title defects arising from conditions that existed BEFORE he owned the property. In some states, the special warranty deed is not as protective of the buyer as the general warranty deed. The special warranty deed says:
1. Grantor warrants that they have received title
2. Grantor warrants, unless specifically noted in the deed, that the property was not encumbered during THEIR period of ownership.

In effect, it only warrants the title against THEIR OWN actions or omissions. They warrant nothing PRIOR to their taking title.
Jill,

I would call the Title Company and/or Attorney that did the closing and issued the Title Insurance Policy.

Just an FYI,

The deed must identify who is handing over an interest in the property (the grantor) and who is accepting it (the grantee). Most counties require the deed to have the addresses of all the parties involved. And a deed wouldn't be a deed without words of conveyance -- a passage that says that the grantor intends to convey an interest in the property to the grantee.

If I can be of any other assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Jack Rockwell
jack.rockwell@hotmail.com
(772)678-8071 Mobile
Web Reference: http://www.RockwellRE.com
Call the Title Companty or Attorney who did heClosing. Check the property legal description . Is it correct? Whose is the name of the Grantee? You should be the Grantee. You should have also received a copy of the Owners Title Policy.

Is it possible you received the wrong deed?