Foreclosure in Wesley Chapel>Question Details

Lohofa, Other/Just Looking in Wesley Chapel, FL

I am willing to pay the arrears for my HOA & everyone is telling me that the Tampa law firm BushRoss are just out to get every home they can; they

Asked by Lohofa, Wesley Chapel, FL Sat Jan 9, 2010

will not work with me; what defense do I have, if I am willing to work to pay my HOA dues? They say they are going to foreclose, but my bank told me they can only place lien and cannot foreclose, can you clarify, help me?

Help the community by answering this question:


I would go directly to the board of directors as well as contact the management company for the association. They should be able to asist you in payments. As far as the HOA foreclosing, it can be done, it is not usually done as one they usually place a lien or can discontinue hoa services to you and in most cases when foreclosure is initiated, the 1st mortgage will either pay it off and begin foreclosure of their own or assist you. You should conatct a pro nono attorney or any home owners assistance legal aides in your area. good luck working things out
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 10, 2010
Clarification should come from an attorney. Have you spoken with the HOA to try to come to some agreement?

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Innovation and Experience
(813) 766-1501
Fax (813) 443-0118
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Read your HOA documents to see if such a situation is addressed and then talk to your HOA Board. If you get no results then I would seek legal opinion to carry it further.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 10, 2010
Talk directly to officers and board members of your HOA about a payment plan, as the HOA is paying for its legal fees. You can also try the management company for your HOA.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 9, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer