Foreclosure in 76135>Question Details

Bobby Cure, Home Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

I am trying to find out if a property next to me is going into foreclosure, what should I do?

Asked by Bobby Cure, Fort Worth, TX Sun Sep 4, 2011

Answers

6
Foreclosures and short sales can potentially bring the value of the other homes in the neighborhood down, so it is important information for you to know! Lucy's suggestions are great to determine whether it is going into foreclosure, as well as when it might be placed on the market or auctioned. If you have friends or relatives who wish to purchase a home in your neighborhood, you could keep them informed about the property and encourage them to work with a real estate professional. That way, not only can you help keep the neighborhood property values up, but you can also pick your next neighbor. Win-win situation!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
#1 Ask the person who lives there.
#2 Watch for notices posted on the door or in the windows.
#3 Watch for people moving out in the middle of the night around 1st weekend of the month.
#4 If you see a sale sign in the yard, call the agent and ask.

These are probably the easiest ways.
GREAT INFORMATION? SIMPLE YET TO THE T......
Flag Sun Jun 24, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I have been able to do some research in the past on a few properties that have gone into foreclosure. If you want to email me the address I can see if I can find something out for you. My email address is jwreaves1@aol.com

Thank You,
John Reaves
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
I understand why you would want to know why the property next door might be facing foreclosure. Once a bank serves the home owner with a foreclosure notice, it typically is posted at the Tarrant County Court House on the first Tuesday of the next month. There are several Real Estate Brokers that watch for homes to be posted so they can list them. I am not one of those Broker/Agents. I typically represent Buyers. Another venue, if you receive the Fort Worth Telegram, Foreclosures are posted in the newspaper. If you want me to keep an eye on it for you - email me:puniwai@fathomrealty.com. I'll let you know what the home is selling for. I would want to know myself if the home next door was facing foreclosure! Take care!

Lucy
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Does it truly matter if it does? Lender have to maintain the property per city code. Like any other home on the market vacant whether owned by property who moved out.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Good Afternoon,

I would be happy to keep an eye on the property for you and I can let you know as soon as it becomes available. Call me at 817-965-1022 and let me know the address of the property.
Web Reference: http://kellerdreamhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011