Foreclosure in 91107>Question Details

Kerrymathies…, Other/Just Looking in 91107

I am starting a Foreclosure Clean Out Business, any ideas for leads? In the Los Angeles area. I strive to be the best so want to wrk with the best.

Asked by Kerrymathieson, 91107 Fri Oct 1, 2010

I have been researching, writing a business plan (not for a loan), and have all licenses/bonds etc. covered but want to make sure I am over prepared for anything and everything. I want to make sure before I put myself out there that I have enough knowledge because I firmly believe that the quality and cost effective from that first job will help with leads to the next. Am I right? Where should I look for leads and what would be the best advertisement options?

Answers

2
Paul Munoz’s answer
Here's some simple advice...

Walk into all the Real Estate offices surrounding your location and find out who the heavy hitters are.
Offer your service for a one time free of charge. I can almost guarantee a 99% success rate of you getting the gig. It's bold and it screams eagerness. I've meet go-getters the same way and I hired them.

Good luck my friend and be different.

Paul Munoz
Broker/Owner
626.755.8800
Web Reference: http://freemanfoxx.com

I've got experience in the REO industry, and it is nice that you are getting together a business plan, but honestly these companies don't care that you have a plan in place. They expect you to pick the garbage up, and remove it.

Quality is not something really discussed, as you either clean out the home or you don't. It's not like you spot clean, you just pick up the trash and remove it. Cost effective is good on your part, but the bottom line is be the lowest bidder and you will get the job most of he time.

Many companies right now are starting to use the same people all of the time for these services, so there really isn't a way to break in anymore. REO agents can recommend you, but only with a few smaller companies that are most likely going to be taken over by the larger ones in the near future. There are free lists, and lists you can pay for, just google REO Trash Out or REO Company list and you'll get a few choices.

There are lots of people in this line of work who have been waiting for months now. I can tell you straight up don't approach them how you see on business done on TV, just tell them they should use you because you are reliable and consistent. I wouldn't advertise because these companies already have spots filled and they aren't looking for anyone. You need to approach them.

Best of luck to you