Foreclosure in Rocklin>Question Details

Angela,  in Rocklin, CA

I am requesting the assessors ofc to review the value of our home but needs 3 comps from our area that have sold prior to 3/33/12 and after 8/2012.

Asked by Angela, Rocklin, CA Sun Sep 9, 2012

I found 3 comps but how can I check if they were a foreclosure or a short sale. Is there is a site for this?

Answers

5
Michele Peterson’s answer
Hello Angela.
I am happy to help you.

Please email me your address and I will send the information back to you?
It only takes a minute.

Michele Peterson
(916) 743-5934
CallMichelePeterson@gmail.com
CA DRE 01872795
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi Angela,

Not sure if you have gotten what you are looking for yet or not... If not, we are happy to help as well. I've attached a link to our home search / Home Valuation tool in case you are looking to research some on your own. Thanks!

Ken
ken@teampattersonrealty.com
http://www.teampattersonrealty.com
916-751-1800
DRE Broker #01842738
PS - Regarding comps for the assessor. The type of sale should not have any relevance in the calculation for the assessed value.
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012
Whether a property sold as a short sale or bank owned property can make a difference. I have done a lot of broker price opinions over the past 8 years (yes, BPOs were around long before the housing crisis), and many lender instructions specify that we are not supposed to use short sales as comps unless not avoidable. A distinction should also be made between homes that sold at trustee sales and actual REO sales as the sale prices at the trustee sale is typically less than what the bank can get when sold through MLS marketing. I would check with the county assessor's office to find out what their selection criteria for comps.
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in New Castle, DE
Hi Angela

I would love to help you with your comps. It's easier to talk. You can call me 916-612-4181. Usually comps work with what has sold around your home. When it comes to what has sold it does not matter if a comp is traditional sale or Reo or short sale. What has sold in your area is going to be fairly close to market value of your home (give or take if it is move in ready).

If you want you can email me at nbancroft@myfusionrealestate.com sometimes it's easier to talk on the phone and get some answers quickly. I would be more than happy to put a comp report for you together to give the assessors office.

I hope this has helped

All the Best,
Nichole
I would be happy to look that up for you. I am very familiar with property values in Rockin. Just call. or email me.

Ute Ferdig
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012