Foreclosure in 92064>Question Details

Gayle Hutchi…, Other/Just Looking in Poway, CA

I am renting a home and my lease ran out. They have not renew my lease. Something is telling me that the

Asked by Gayle Hutchins, Poway, CA Mon Mar 17, 2008

place is going up for foreclosure. How do I find out without paying for it on the net through those companies that offer info on foreclosed properties? I live in San Diego

Edward advice to you is to continue to pay the rent. I know of a case where the Tenant found out that his landlord was in pre foreclosure and they stop paying thier rent. the landlord took them to court and landlord won. You can call your local agent and ask them to pull a profife on property to see if there is a pre foreclosure recorded. Sometimes you lease turns into a month to with you Landlord heart to heart. Good Luck
Mr. Hutchins,
You can remain in the house until the owner files an unlawful detainer lawsuit and asks the court to remove you from the home. I would wait until that happens and then negotiate with the owner for a time to depart. The reason I would wait is because it is likely that the owner, if facing foreclosure, will not remove you from the home. It is possible that the foreclosure process will take six months or more. Make sure you continue to pay the rent, though. Call me if you have any other questions.
Ed Peckham, Esq.
sorry my question is, Iam living in california and I been renting a apartment for more than a year and half,Iam been paying my rent every month and following the owner rules, but now the owner want me to leave without no much time do we have to live in there.1 month 2 months or 90 days without paying rent. until I find another place to live. I have 3 kids and my wife.
If you are good paying tenant, they can give you 2 months notice to leave without reason. If you are being evicted for non-payment of rent, you will give the LL a reason to get you out sooner. It will be harder for you to find a new rental if the run your credit check and evictions will show for years.
Flag Sat Jan 19, 2013
I recall that lists a great many pre-foreclosure homes. Yours might be among them. Unfortunately I've noticed lately that rental owners and even commercial rental owners will collect rents for months while not making payments on the property or telling the tenants. Perhaps someone else here has helpful information/advice.

best wishes