Foreclosure in 33584>Question Details

Marjmj2000, Home Buyer in Seffner, FL

I am renting a home and got a notice of foreclosure sale, What happens next?

Asked by Marjmj2000, Seffner, FL Mon Aug 6, 2012

I am renting month to month

Answers

4
Sorry to hear about the house you are renting going into foreclosure. if you need a home (4-2-2) to rent in Seffner, FL contact me I have one and will give you an option to purchase also.

Jack
jack@nein.net
This is what I understand the law states in Florida. Not being an attorney, please verify what I am saying with a legal source.
The owner of the property that is in the foreclosure process is the legal owner until until such time as the actual foreclosure has been completed and a new owner is on record. Your existing month to month lease has to be honored by the new owner just as it has to be honored with the present owner. Your lease may continue in its present status except if the new owner wishes to take personal residency in your unit. In such a case you would have to look for a new place within the time frame of the mo to mo legal notice for the State of Florida or whatever is specified in your lease. In other words, you owe the rent money to the present owner until something different has been brought to your attention.
I am assuming you saw the notice nailed to the door of the house. I agree with Charlene on only one thing, you need to call the owner. The house can't be bought, it isn't yet listed and the bank does not own it. It is heading for a foreclosure auction where you would have to have cash to purchase it, but the owner could save it or keep it out of foreclosure. The papers you saw will have a hearing date where the court will hear from the lender why they want to foreclose and it will have an auction date when the auction will sell it for cash. Usually the bank buys it and will get around to putting on the market for sale in 6-12 months.
First you need to call your landlord and get sale information, find out who the listing agent is and who the foreclosure agents are. You might be able to stay and maintain the house while in foreclosure process but either way, I would begin the search for a new home.