Foreclosure in Fort Greene>Question Details

Jazzyd, Home Buyer in Fort Greene, Brooklyn,...

I am looking to purchase in Greenwood or Sunset Park, foreclosure or pre-foreclosure - any idea where to search other than the paid sites?

Asked by Jazzyd, Fort Greene, Brooklyn, NY Tue May 4, 2010

Answers

10
I agree with Anna,

Your best bet is to get a Realtor to sign you up for automatic email alerts for foreclosures, short-sales, bank-Owned etc. Once they send you an initial list to look at, you should receive the additional ones via email when they hit the MLS. Obviously there are some that don't go on the MLS, but most major banks are having agents deal with the listings. The ones you find on some of the 'paid' sites, are sometimes not for sale yet, or may never be for sale. Many have just had liens put on their property, doesn't mean it is in foreclosure, which is mis-leading. You may hear the term Lis pendens, which means a lawsuit is pending, could be foreclosure, but could be also a claim of ownership or title dispute.

Good Luck, contact a Realtor in your area and ask if they provide this service.

Tegan DeClark
Independent Brokers Realty
239-777-2479
declarkteam@onmarco.com
Web Reference: http://www.onmarco.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay. It's a Buyer's Market, after all!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

it seems like you have had your questions answered i am a local mortgage bank and if you would like to come in and talk about all your options please call 516-233-4842 or email me vaiossa@unitednorthen.com

My address is 3601 hempstead tpk levittown NY 11756
closing on refi 14 days
purchase closings 21days
Fillmore Real Estate covers the entire borough of Brooklyn and will help you with you search free of charge! Call any time 718 253-9600 or e mail me at charlesdalessandro!fillmore.com
I should have added earlier... do NOT use realtytrack. Their listings are bogus, not true, and many not for sale and never will be. Either use an actual bank (hud, fha etc.) website or use a realtor. Any time you see a site saying we have a free trial you are looking at free information being charged for. The site may even offer bogus information to get you to give them your credit card number.
The blog below gives a lot of links to find FREE foreclosure information if you are not yet ready to use a realtor.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/dan_chase/2010/01/i_am_wanting_to…
Jazzyd,
There are some free sites where you can find properties or try a free trial before you have to pay...just make sure you cancel in time before you get charged. You can also work with a Realtor who will have access to foreclosures and short sales. If you would like assistance with your search, feel free to contact me.
Janine Acquafredda
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Weichert, Realtors - The Franzese Group
(917) 584-7685
nycrealestatepro@yahoo.com
Gems are available through various means. For the properly prepared buyer, motivated sellers or their representatives WILL deal. Flexibility and ready cash will make it happen. Email me your particulars. I can put you in contact with people right now looking for buyers in Fort Greene, Park Slope, and Clinton Hill. One target currently available is a diamond in the rough for the upper end buyer who knows what they're doing. Let me know.
Hi, Jazzyd Websites can only get you so far with foreclosures. First of all you need to realize that a foreclosure adds a minimum of 60 days to a normal closing and thats when all parties are cooperating. There are so many factors involved. To answer you directly the county clerks office is the place to get filed information; however, records aren't always where they should be. Perhaps a files latest paperwork is sitting in the judges chambers. Do you see what I mean? It can get ugly. That is the pre-foreclosure scenario. What if it's been taken back by the lender? If you aren't prepared to invest the time and energy tracking down everything you will only waste your time and may lose hope. That is why you can hire a professional to do the work for you. I hope that this helps.
Your most accurate and free information will come from an agent, therefore consider the services--he/she can answer questions, schedule showing, etc. Keep in mind that internet information is only as good as the source feeding it--some data may old, misleading and inaccurate--some listings may be have a lis-pendens--notice of default--and some of these types of properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the owner satisfies the default. Interview a few different agents, choose the one you like best, then go from there.