Foreclosure in Kingston>Question Details

K.mccarville, Home Buyer in Cohasset, MA

I am looking for a home in around the Kingston MA area. I want waterfront property. Do these properties ever go into foreclosure? I'm a cash

Asked by K.mccarville, Cohasset, MA Tue Apr 26, 2011

buyer I am looking for my future retirement home and want something on a lake or pond (ocean front is too expensive). Areas would be Cohasset, Hull,, Marshfield, Kingston, Pembroke, Duxbury... wife does not want Plymouth. 3 and 2 , dock in the back yard....Since I will be a cash buyer I wanted to consider foreclosures as well. Price below 500k.

Answers

19
Hi K!

There is currrently a home for sale in Kingston that you might be interested in and it's not a foreclosure. Well below $500k! I would love to help you if you are still looking!
Would you be interested in lakefront property in Otis Massachusetts (Berkshires)? Ths property is situated right on Otis Reservoir with your own private sandy beach; sun all day with beautiful evening sunsets. Asking below 500k.
gfox930@aol.com
What a shame to exclude Plymouth....there are 365 lakes and pond in the town, many with great homes on the market. If you'd like to consider Plymouth I'd love to help!
Being a cash buyer is not as much of a tool as it used to be, because many buyers have cash. And, be ready for the foreclosure to need work as part of your retirement. I'd call Suzanne Harris who had a good answer below. Best wishes.
Web Reference: http://www.capegroup.com
Most of the foreclosures in these areas are not on the water. You may be able to find a short sale however. They are not as clear cut as a foreclosure, but with patience you may do well. Also, some sellers are pricing their homes to sell. You may be able to find a good buy without it being distressed.
Hello K!

I agree with Shane-Plymouth has incredible waterfront available. I currently have a listing in Plymouth directly on Micajah Pond which includes a quaint "artist cottage" ideal for house guests. Please call me directly for more information!

Lucy Pilon
(339)933-3157
Lucy.Pilon@engelvoelkers.com
Hi K,
Wow, alot of responses here! Obviously I am a local agent and know all these locations well as do the other Realtors that have responded I am sure :). Just wondering why Plymouth is out of the picture, it is a shame to remove Plymouth as it is very similar to many of the towns you have indicated and has an abundance of waterfront properites on the market. Even without going all the way South in Plymouth, it is said that you can go fishing every day of the year and never fish the same spot twice, and this does not include the ocean!

I have yet to try it, but if my son has anything to say about it we will! I am not trying to push Plymouth, but think it may be a mistake to rule it out so early in your search!

Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way.

Shane Cormier

ZipRealty
774.283.5630
shane.cormier@ziprealty.com
I just researched the towns that you expressed an interest in and found 5 properties that meet your criteria, including a dock. Four in Pembroke and one in Kingston. None are short sales or bank owned. The one in Kingston is particularly nice, priced at $450,000 - beautiful Royal Barry Wills Cape, 3 beds, 2.5 baths, 2161 sq. ft. Yes, waterfront properties do go into foreclosure and I would be happy to help you with this as well. However, the houses that are currently on the market are priced from $284,000 - $450,000 and are regular sales that appear to meet your retirement desires. I would be happy to work with you - I own a waterfront house and keep abreast of waterfront listings and prices. Please email me at suzanneharris153@gmail.com if you would like to make appointments to see these properties or if you would like me to send you listings please let me know your email address.
The diamond in the rough......the waterfront bank owned. They do come on ocassionally, not always in the exact area you are looking at, but this doesn't mean that you can't still get a great value. It is certainly still a buyers market. It may just be a motivated seller or a really well priced property. I'd be happy to help you if you are not currently working with a Realtor. Call email or text me anytime.

Lisa Cannata
lcannata@todayrealestate.com
774-353-7129
Would you like me to send you a list of all homes on the water under $500k?
Hi K,

At the moment there are two waterfront properties in Scituate that are bank owned, both are priced under $500K. One has 3 bedroom & 1.5 baths - the other is 4 & 2. If you would like more information on either, I am more than happy to forward the complete listings and public record info from MLS to you.

Feel free to email me directly at kblazo@gmail.com or call me.

Kristine Blazo
Compass Realty
198 Columbia Road
Hanover, MA 02339
Cell 781-534-2907
Hi K, there are several web sites you can use to search for foreclosures yourself (ex: homepath.com is a good one for Fannie Mae foreclosures). Plus any agent/broker can help you too by setting you up for foreclosure or short sale searches in our MLS system. Be my pleasure to help you if you need the help.

Peter
Hi K,
Any property can go into foreclosure if it was originally financed through a mortgage. I live and work in exactly the area in which you are interested and would love to provide more information and help you in your search. Good luck with your retirement dreams!

Lauren Mello
Advocate Realty Associates
781-858-0735
http://www.thehomeadvocate.com
I would be happy to set you up in the MLS system so you can receive listings that fit your criteria. My office serves the towns you mentioned and I would love to assist you in your search. Please feel free to email or call me.
Sarah Nathe
Sarah.Nathe@nemoves.com
508-591-5089
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Properties on the water can go into foreclosure, just as any property can. You can follow foreclosures in the local newspaper or on sites like realtytrac. Keep in mind that buying a foreclosure at auction is a very risky process as you will be buying it sight-unseen (they don't normally allow you inside at auctions). Also, it is very likely in todays market that the home will be bought back at auction by the bank and be sold as a bank-owned or REO property. This may be a better way for you to buy. Please let me know if you want to talk more about the foreclosure home buying process. I am local to Kingston and can be reached at 508-591-5089.
Sarah Nathe
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Hello!!

There are several properties in those towns that meet your requirements. Please call me directly so I may send or show you all listings currently available!!

Lucy Pilon
(339)933-3157
Engel & Volkers
453 Washington Street
Duxbury, MA 02332
I'd love to assist. Many times the best deals are right in front of you and not necessarily a foreclosure. A good agent such as myself, can help identify those homes and negotiate to obtain the best price. Sometimes it may be a short sale, a home that has been on the market for sometime, a new listing or for that matter a home not even on the market. You are looking in a broad market and values differ greatly in each. Call or email to go over opportunities I believe may be of interest.

Louis Wolfson

Representing Greater Boston's finest builders and communities -
Web Reference: http://www.LouisWolfson.net
Hi K!

There are SEVERAL possibilities for you. If you'd like to send me your email address, I can send you the listings!

Judy Boyle
RE/MAX Signature Properites
judyboylerealtor@gmail.com
508.561.7164
You really need to find a local Realtor who can represent you as a Buyer's Agent. He/she will be able to search the MLS for properties that fit your search criteria. If you need the name of someone in your area, let me know!
Web Reference: http://www.sallygrenier.com