Olga, Other/Just Looking in West Hollywood, CA

I am interested in foreclosure properties in West Hollywood, CA. What is the price range for 1bd or 2 bd condo?

Asked by Olga, West Hollywood, CA Fri Aug 6, 2010

i'd like to buy in 6-12 months, close to Russian comunity

Answers

12
Hi Olga,

Please call me if you're interested...I work with many clients in the Russian community and speak fluently. For 1 bedroom you're looking at roughly $200,000 and up depending on updates, materials, building amenities and other options. 2 bedrooms can go into the millions in West Hollywood, so again you need to narrow down what you really need into a price range you're comfortable with. I would say $500,000 or so would buy you something pretty nice and spacious.

My information if you want to contact me:
(310)402-8181
Jkryukova@gmail.com
http://www.juliekproperties.com

Julie Kryukova
Hi Olga,

Home buying is like purchasing a car. You can purchase a Toyota for $16,000 or you can purchase a Bentley for $300,000 its all about what you can afford and what you want from your purchase.

Since you have selected the area, what is now negotiable is the condition, size, and specific location of the condos. In West Hollywood you can buy a updated one bedroom unit in a modest building in a good area of West Hollywood for around $200,000 to $300,000. Two bedroom units in good condition will run between $300,000 and $450,000.

Basically, you want to get an agent and start seeing what is out there in a price range you are comfortable with. Only after doing that will you really know what you are looking for and be confident in your decision when you find the condo you like.

Good luck and if you have any other questions or concerns, check out my contact information and blog on trulia or email me at RealRealtyLA@gmail.com.

Check out my website at realrealtyla.wordpress.com which breaks down the different neighborhoods, features listings and leases, home buying tips/guidance etc.
Hi Olga,

I work with many buyers in West Hollywood, including Russian clients (I speak the language fluently).

1 Bedrooms seem to be listed in the high $100s up to $400k and 2 bedrooms can go as high as $1m or so...but you can find something quite nice for $500k-$700k very close to the Russian stores, parks, restaurants!

Please feel free to contact me for help.

Julie Kryukova
310.402.8181
http://www.larealproperties.com
Thank you for your question about purchasing a home in the Russian Community of West Hollywood. The Russian Community in West Hollywood is a vibrant and thriving community. The price range depends on what you are looking for. I recommend using Realtor.com to get a feel for the price range because the prices listed on that site usually mirror the asking price. Since REO properties account for about a third of resales, I suggest checking lender websites to see how much they are going for, Bank of America, Chase, and Fannie Mae (Homepath).
I too agree with Andrew & Daniel. Making an offer and pursuing a regular sale will save you a great deal of time and involvement with extra issues. There are many great deals out there right now, particularly in WeHo, and if you find a place you really like, have your agent pull comparable sales in the area. I've seen this happen many times where offers accompanied by accurate comps prove to be effective in helping the owner understand the true market value of their home/condo at that particular time.

Best of luck!
Prepare to look at distressed foreclosed properties. It is likely that you will feel like you're paying a premium for a property that needs a lot of work. That is the reality of things in the West Hollywood area. It is still a desirable area...thus keeping prices higher than others.

And I agree with Andrew, do not ignore regular sales. There are a lot of them out there and typically seller's are just waiting for an offer to be put in front of them before they engage in a price reduction.
Hi Olga,

You can get good deals on foreclosures and short sales, but don't ignore 'regular' sales that are competitively priced. If an owner is willing to sell at the market rate then there are a lot less issues and delays... all the better.

All properties are ultimately just 'for sale' regardless of who is doing the selling. Always do your home shopping based on features and pricing, not the type of sale that it is. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of bank-owned REOs and short-sales on your list.

Best of Luck.
Thank you for your question about Condos in the Russian Community of West Hollywood Olga. There are 1 bedroom condos listed on this site from about 200 to 350k. For example, there is a listing on Gardner Street for 254k, which is in the heart of the Russian Community with several Russian Business' lining the that area of Santa Monica Blvd.
Hi Olga. I am Speak Russian .You can call me anytime 323-333-8691,.My office in W.Hollywood.
Hi Olga,

The price range is around $400,000 on the the low end and into the $600,000's on the high end. However, there are many variables that affect the price, including property condition, location, history, etc. My office is located in West Hollywood, so feel free to contact me for more information on the area!
Price from 300,000 to 600,000
Hi Olga,

The price range depends on exactly what you are looking for. But to give you an idea, in West Hollywood in the past 6 months of sales for a 1 bedroom was around 400K, and in the lower 600s for a 2 bedroom. Keep in mind there is a very wide range of what's available though, depending on the specific area and condition of the condo. Feel free to contact me and I can give you a more in depth analysis about the current West Hollywood market and send you some listings that would match your criteria. I would be happy to help you out!

Richard Schulman
#1 Buyers Agent KW Los Angeles
(310) 482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com