Foreclosure in 48322>Question Details

Leftbehind, Other/Just Looking in 48322

I am foreclosing through bankruptcy. How should I go about asking the bank for cash for keys?

Asked by Leftbehind, 48322 Mon Jul 27, 2009

Property is a condo condo.
In good condition.

Help the community by answering this question:


The bank will typically send someone to offer you cash for keys right before the redemption period is over. It is often the Realtor who will be listing the property for the bank.

You will need to leave the condo broom clean and in decent condition to be eligible for cash for keys. Most banks have a web site that lists their REO's and who the contact is. If you are ready to turn over the keys, track that information down.

i am sure this is a very difficult time for you. Good luck to you.
Web Reference:
2 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 28, 2009
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
I would count my blessings and move on. Be a good sport and turn over the keys.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 25, 2009

If you are filing bankruptcy there is nothing to ask for. You should be offering the keys to the bank and trying to get on with your life. You could sit on the property and cost the bank time, but you and I both know that that isn't the right thing to do. Don't try to profit by holding the bank hostage, give them the keys and walk away.

Cameron Piper
#1 Trulia Agent in MN
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer