Foreclosure in Dix Hills>Question Details

Joe C, Home Buyer in Dic hills NY

I am currently living in a home and dont know if its being forclosed, how can i find out if homeowner is payin

Asked by Joe C, Dic hills NY Wed Feb 18, 2009

You should receive legal paperwork addressed to the owner on the door. You can check the lis pendins list to see if one has been recorded yet or not. If you would like, please contact me and I will try to help you find out.
Web Reference:
contact me - give me the address and I will tell you.
Before a home is foreclosed upon, the bank has to file a court action. That usually happens after the owner has missed three successive mortgage payments and is considered in default of their oblgations. If you live in Dix Hills as your profile indicates, you could go out to the Riverhead courts and do the research to find out if there are any liens on the property and to see whether any judgments have been filed. As a realtor, I have the ability to check public records to see whether there are any recent liens on the property. If I can assist you, please feel free to contact me. Good luck.

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
Hi Joe,
I am sorry to hear that. When the forclosure notice is served, person come to the house, have you received or seen anything? You could ask the home owner directly, if they tell you the truth. You could call the local Town to see if the taxes are up to date or paid. Good Luck..
If you like email me your address where this property is located, I will do some search for you and let you know.
Jane Zilpelwar
IN FLORIDA: the tenant seems to be served at the same time as the property OWNER....otherwise there is no way to know unless you just ask directly to the property owner and hope they are being truthful.

Sharon Trenary, Broker-Associate
You wil not be able to know until the first legal is filed for foreclosure and that should be recorded at the county court house.