Foreclosure in 93313>Question Details

Ima Not Tell…, Home Seller in Silver Creek, Bakers...

I am comsidering selling a home in silver creek. Does backing to reliance reduce the value and should I?

Asked by Ima Not Telling, Silver Creek, Bakersfield, CA Tue Jan 22, 2008

upgrade it prior to selling. A recent home sold in foreclosure for much less like plan. Is this a true comp

Answers

4
If you are current with your payments and you do not need a short sale, your property is in great demand. The problem buyers are having is finding equity properties for sale. The fact that you back up to a busy street may not be a factor. 661-301-0708
Hello "Ima"

Unfortunately Mario is correct to a degree. Upgrades are just icing on the cake in this market. The short sales and bank owned are the majority of the comps and just cannot be ignored. However; the upside to selling your home is that buyers are tired of waiting on short sales and banks. So you may be surprised how little you need to do to get your home ready to sell. I highly recommend having an agent come and preview your home and go over a comparative market analysis with you. If you don't have anyone in mind that you want to work, I'd be more than happy to help you with this.
I would love to be able to send you a true comp of your area to see what the market value is currently. Please call me or e-mail me if you would like me to send you this info. along with an Item of Value onRemodeling Your Home By The Numbers. This information will help you evaluate the potential payoff or your remodeling project, and can show you how to budget for it. You will find a guide for how much the top remodels can return in resale value. You should consier carefully the reslae vale of any project you undertake. Please let me know if you would like to receive this. Thank you - Diane Valadon
diane@scotttobiasrealestate.com
Unfortunately the foreclosure and short sales are becoming so prevalent in certain parts of the county, such as SCVCC, that they are becoming true comps. Upgrading may very well help sell the home, but do not expect to profit from that, yet you will sell faster and for more money than if not upgraded. There was an agent in our office today talking about competition on a SCVCC listing in the 1M range, so there are buyers looking to get in to the market.
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Beverly Hills, CA