Foreclosure in Nashville>Question Details

H_smith28, Renter in Nashville, TN

I am a renter and the house I live in is in foreclosure. It was to be sold today at auction. How much time do I have to move out.?

Asked by H_smith28, Nashville, TN Wed Apr 21, 2010

Answers

2
You need to run it by an attorney, but in TN a lease agreement should not be terminated because of a foreclosure. You have the right to stay in the home until the end of the lease. Really the only thing that can end that lease obligation is destruction of the property. Good Luck.
Please join my facebook page for updates and tips.
Have an attorney brief you on "Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009." This legislation provided that leases would survive a foreclosure -- meaning the tenant could stay at least until the end of the lease, and that month-to-month tenants would be entitled to 90 days' notice before having to move out (this notice period is longer than any state's non-foreclosure notice period, a real boon to tenants). Check to see if your rental agreement qualifies. Good Luck
Laura Reilly- Foreclosure “INVEST”igator USA
“I have a problem with too much money. I can't reinvest it fast enough” Robert Kiyosaki