Foreclosure in Wausau>Question Details

Renee Brandt, Real Estate Pro in Stevens Point, WI

I am a real estate agent and am wondering how I can become involved in selling foreclosed homes? Thank you.

Asked by Renee Brandt, Stevens Point, WI Sat Jan 10, 2009

Answers

3
Gerard Carney’s answer
Why? They are horrible, Its sad to see these homes knowing people lost them, the banks don't care about them, and idiot buyers think they are the best deals on the market with out researching the whole MLS Listing for the area! Its like selling repossessed wheelchairs.
If your talking about becoming a listing agent for foreclosed homes, it takes time, and networking. You need to prospect to banks and stay in front of them. the banks already have agents they work with but as soon as one of those agents drops the ball, you need to make sure your name is in front of them as the next option. another way is completing bpo's for asset managers and bpo companies, that gets your name out there with asset managers.
Try looking at Harris Real Estate University online they have a course to point you in the right direction. Good luck. Deirdre Vanko