Foreclosure in Miramar Beach>Question Details

NUNYOBIZNESS…, Renter in Opa Locka, FL

I LIVE IN FLA AND WAS RENTING A CONDO THAT IS NOW BEING SOLD IN A AUCTION. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO MOVE OUT AFTER SALE?

Asked by NUNYOBIZNESS09, Opa Locka, FL Mon May 14, 2012

Answers

3
Okay, a couple of things, there's a link to a University of Florida publication regarding tenants rights in foreclosure. But most importantly, there's no guarantee that the new owner won't be perfectly content to have you stay. There are loads of investors picking up "affordable" properties, and they may be pretty darn happy to have a tenant continue to live in the property.

Two other issues to worry about - your deposit. The old landlord will likely fail to hand over your deposit to the new landlord. Access - by giving access to prospective purchasers, in many ways you're likely to get a much better buyer.

Have you figured out where you want to move to? If you're thinking of renting from a private owner again, give me a call. 786-332-7042
Typically it will close in 30 days. Contact me if you want help finding another place
It will depend if you had a lease. In most cases once the auction is complete, someone will contact you who has been assigned the listing. They usually offer you cash for keys to move in a specified amount of time and offer you money to assist you in moving. You can contact an attorney to find out what FL law is regarding times. I hope things work out for you.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Thank you I will look into the laws of my state but you feel I will be contacted after the sale by the new owner?
Flag Mon May 14, 2012