Foreclosure in 91942>Question Details

Latosha, Home Owner in 91942

I BROUGHT REAL PROPERTY AT A FORCLOSURE SALE IN AL AND THE PREVIOUS OWNER SAYS THE PROPERTY STILL BELONGS TO HER...WHAT DO I DO?

Asked by Latosha, 91942 Tue May 1, 2012

Answers

6
The cheapest way : get restrain order from court, the most expensive way: hire a lawyer.
Thanks all. Mr. Fred, the property i am speaking of is actually land. She has a doublewide mobile home on it, but she doesnt stay there. No one does. I just want her doublewide off my land. I have a free and clear title. I had an opinion done before i brought it. We have to go to court Monday 05/07.
Sounds like you are in good hands with your attorney. Best of luck in your upcoming trial. Chicago Title is awesome so take up Fred on his offers. (No, I don't know him but I use other Chicago reps are they are very helpful.)
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
Sounds like you are going with your attorney or having them represent you. They can advise you.Did you get title insurance on the land? You mention free and clear, though, usually at trustee sales, IRS leins, if any, can still be valid for 120 days. Most title companies won't insure title until the 120 days have passed, though, we may be able to help with that.
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
You recieved good advice too from Cory and David.
Latosha,
Call my customer service at 619.521.3478 and ask for a copy of the Trustees Deed. That should show that the bank transfered it to you. You can show that to the kprevious owners (I am thinking they live there). If the previous owners live in the property, they may think the sale was not done correctly and are being difficult. You may need a lawyer, though, it may be as simple as offering cash for keys to them. I would try to avoid an eviction if I could, since, they could damage the property before they leave. Hope this helps. Contact me if I can provide more information. 619.507.5688
Hi Latosha,

Consult a real estate attorney in AL ASAP. You'll need to evict the previous owner anyway if they don't leave, but first, you might consider "cash for keys." I've seen some real damage done to foreclosed homes by angry ex-owners.

Good luck to you!

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
Well, you need to get some legal advice so I would say contact a real estate attorney in the area where you purchased the home. If you have clear title then legal steps would need to be taken to take possession. These steps can very state by state so that is why an attorney is needed to help you out.