Foreclosure in Los Angeles>Question Details

vikilani, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

How you can find out if a house was sold at auction? Who do you call to find out what happened or who now owns it IF it was sold? Thank you!

Asked by vikilani, Los Angeles, CA Sun Apr 28, 2013

My landlord told me that someone claims to have purchased his property at a foreclosure auction, but he's not very savvy about real estate. From what he says, things just sound a tad too strange. I believe someone may be lying to him, or there's some kind of scam going on. How can I verify the sale for him?

Answers

2

Email me the address and I can check

ALYourBroker@yahoo.com
You can call the township's tax office to obtain Deed history.
Thank you, Keith, this is in Los Angeles, tho. There is a Deed of Trust to another entity, and a Grant Deed to the same entity using a different name. The Grant Deed says "realty not sold" and no taxes were paid. It appears to be a Wild Deed. Further, it may not have sold at auction and simply went back to the bank. If THAT is the case, why would they tell the owner it sold to another?
Flag Sun Apr 28, 2013