Foreclosure in California>Question Details

Gloria L., Home Owner in California

How to start up a foreclosure cleanup business in Northern California?

Asked by Gloria L., California Thu Dec 1, 2011

Start up?? Cost? Ive heard alot about this and am very interested in starting up a company... Licensing?? Any and all info that anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated... Use to design and freelance homes deco and children's nurseries however there seems to be more opportunity in this economy to switch over..... HELP?? Thanks to all.

Help the community by answering this question:


No state contractors license is required unless you're providing services in excess of $500. You may have to get city business licenses in the cities you're working in. Unless you use your own name you will have to file a fictitious name statement in the county you're working in. If you want to open a bank account you will then have to publish your fictitious name in a publication in the county in which you open your bank account.

I would first find licensed contractors in the areas you wish to work in and ask them to give you the cleanup and haul away portions of their projects. Most contractors would much prefer to have someone else perform these types of services so they are freed up to concentrate on their trade responsibilities. Hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 3, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer