Foreclosure in 30024>Question Details

Mrsstl, Home Buyer in 30024

How to inquire about purchasing property with asset management company listed as owners.?

Asked by Mrsstl, 30024 Fri May 18, 2012

The property has been sitting empty for 2 years. It was a new construction and the builders went bankrupt and the houses they owned went into foreclosure. County tax records show asset management company as owner and provided address from tax records. We sent two letters to company using that address with no response. What else can we do?

Answers

7
Ed Beck’s answer
You'll have to wait it out. If it isn't listed at this time, then it is not for sale. Eventually a for sale sign will go up, but these days, it could be a week or a year (or two). You can keep an eye on it, or have a local agent set you up to receive listings that meet the criteria of the house immediately as they become available, that way, it will find you when it is listed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 18, 2012
I realize you asked this question almost 1 yr ago. If your still looking to purchase this property, I may be able to help. Just email me the property address and I'll see if it's on my contact list of companies with whom I work with.
If you are not currently working with a Realtor send me the property address or tax ID number. And remind me in your message what you are looking for. (I handle a lot of inquiries, so be specific please.) I'll see what I can find out.

If you are working with an agent, your agent will need to help you with that.
Typically the real answer is the "bad" one, in that you have to wait it out. The real asset manager for this property has "gate keepers" otherwise one of the agents here could get through to them to get business from them. You might just want to make an offer, but they're getting bombarded with these type of calls. ... UNLESS

If it's a small bank, Chuck's answer is best. Drive to the bank and ask to speak to the asset manager. Don't waste your time if it's one of the big banks though.
Web Reference: http://GAHomesDigest.com
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Have you been to see them face to face? start there and if no luck contact me and I would be to help...

Chuck
770-714-7077
chuckgreen@kw.com
chuckgreen.com
There is a lot of foreclosure inventory that has not yet been listed for numerous reasons. It will likely be listed with a broker/agent at some point but you cannot buy from asset managers directly. Your best bet is to work with a buyer's agent to assist you with purchasing listed properties or to send you listings automatically in that neighborhood, I'd be happy to help any way I can. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll drive yourself nuts trying to hunt down unlisted property to purchase.

Erin Groover, Realtor
Web Reference: http://www.grooverhomes.com
Please email me the address and I can research some information .
darleneburnside@gmail.com