Foreclosure in 36207>Question Details

Toolgirl3784, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, AL

How much should I offer on a foreclosure that just came on the market? It is listed at 79,900

Asked by Toolgirl3784, Jacksonville, AL Wed Apr 22, 2009

How much should I offer on a foreclosure that just came on the market? It is listed at 79,900 but I am only approved for 72,000. Since I will have to pay closing cost do you think my offer would be accepted if it were 65k?

Answers

2
Hello

The last several REO(foreclosures) I did their was a great discount one that took place just this week the property was originally listed for $99k and they brought it down to $64,900 and we have a contract in place for $62K with the bank paying all of the closing cost the client was approved at his local bank with a interest rate of 6% with a APR of 6.4% I made a phone call to Mortgage guy I know and got him 5% with an APR of 5.3% The one before that was listed at $89,900 and we got it down to $59k at the end of the day with the information I have right know I can't promise what you can get the house for. But I can promise that I will have your best interest at heart and I will work to not only get you the best deal possible on the property but insure you get the best deal possible on your Mortgage. I was in the mortgage industry for over 10 years and it sounds to me like the reason you have a limit of 72K in because of your DTI (debt to income) not your credit and I know of several Government programs that will make this property affordable. So if this is the property you want I will work on two fronts the price of the property and the payment on your Mortgage Loan. Please visit my website or give me a call anytime.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 23, 2009
There are several ways to approach this. In Calhoun County sellers have been getting around 93% of list price. This is for normal not foreclosed property. 93% of 79900 is $74307. But every seller/bank is different. I always advice my clients to put it in writing, make a formal offer. Why do you write that you have to pay closing costs, sometimes the seller picks these up as well.

Your realtor can help you put a strong offer together, You never know what they will accept until you put an offer in. You have many options to put together a strong offer that can be accepted.

Contact me if you have any further questions.