Foreclosure in Atlanta>Question Details

David, Home Owner in Atlanta, GA

How long will the filing of Chap. 13 bankruptcy delay a foreclose. Foreclosure sale is scheduled for June 5, 2012.

Asked by David, Atlanta, GA Wed May 23, 2012

I have equity in the house and need a few months to sell the house and then pay off the the mortgage and accrued interest and fees.

Answers

3
Bruce Ailion’s answer
David did you file to obtain an automatic stay? Have you sought professional assistance to get your property sold? Working the the bankrupcy court and trustee requires a higher level of skill and experience, perhaps expert testimony as to the value of your property.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
Hello David, I would call the Attorney who's handeling the foreclosure and make sure they are aware of the chapter 13 filing and ensure they have removed the property from the upcoming foreclosure list. Make sure you get the name and extension of the person you speak with, because these people have tons of files and will answer your questions in a general fashion instead of individually. Ask them to pull your file and verify that they have received the bankruptcy filing and have removed the property from the list.. Many people find out all to late that their property was never removed.

If you have any questions or need any assistant with marketing the property please give me a call.
I would suggest you a) call your lender and confirm the June 5th sale has been delayed. Make sure to take the information and phone extension of who you spoke with b) Call the attorney that is handling the foreclosure sale and make sure they have it in their records that the sale has been halted and while you have them on the phone ask your question. These two parties have intermittent communication based on the amount of files they have and you do not want to fall through the cracks!

You also need to get this puppy in great condition and on the market asap if you need to sell. This is buying season and buyers want a great price in good condition!

Let me know if I can help.

Christan Ross, Realtor
AtlantaMaven@gmail.com
http://www.AtlantaMaven.com