Foreclosure in Augusta>Question Details

Jason, Home Buyer in 92373

How long does it take a Pre-Foreclosure property to become bank owned if a house is not sold at Auction?

Asked by Jason, 92373 Tue Mar 11, 2008

Answers

5
You can qualify three years after the foreclosure. I will be happy to forward lender who can help.

My e-mail is lesia@lhpandcompany.com. You can text or call me at 706-832-7118 if you prefer.

Lesia Hensley-Price
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 23, 2011
Hi Jason,

Pre-foreclosures can vary. It sometimes depend on where the mortgage originates (such as California, Washington State, Miss, etc). All lenders have to go through the same process however if it is a local lender they do not have to depend on other people to get things done from a distant area. They can just call someone locally. Sometimes people have filed bankruptcy and the laws protect them from being foreclosed on. I know of a case that took two years. Sometimes people do not leave and are taken throught the eviction process. Sometimes people have passed away and it has to be process through the courts. I am sorry but there are many different situations which in turns doesn't always give a predicable time frame. In todays market many lenders are trying to keep the home and home owner together to get what payment they can. I hope this information was helpful.
Thanks for your answers, Curtis and Joshua. At least that gives me an idea.
Depends largely on the bank and their internal processes. Low end, 30 days, up to 1 year for some banks. Some smaller banks may even have REO properties that they don't know about! It's a crazy market out there.
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Jason
It depends on a lot of diffrent factors, but you can usuall figures on at least 45 days and probably closer to 120 days on average.