Foreclosure in 01562>Question Details

Greeneydgodd…, Other/Just Looking in 01562

How long do I have before I am evicted/foreclosed on?

Asked by Greeneydgoddess8402, 01562 Thu Dec 31, 2009

My house went into foreclosure last year and I filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy. I was paying the mortgage and my trustee for a while and then my boyfriend and I split and money became tight. There is a court date to lift my “stay.” I want to stay in the house but cannot afford it on my own. How long do I have before the foreclosure goes through? How long before I am evicted?

Answers

1
You should probably contact your bankruptcy attorney for actual legal guidance. Alot will depend upon how actively your lender & servicing companies are. Massachusetts is a very pro-tenant state fortunatly for you. You might have 30-60 days from the court date if you're lucky. Often times it can be negotiated with the lender what's called "cash for keys", in that they offer you an incentive to move out faster & leave the place in good condition. An attorney is highly recommended especially in your case where your ex & you may have separate & joint liabilites with the property.

Hopefully 2010 will be a better year for you, good luck, check back and let me know how you make out
Web Reference: http://www.MedfordHouse.com