Foreclosure in 93705>Question Details

Robert West, Home Buyer in Fresno, CA

How long can you stay in a house after foreclosure auction?

Asked by Robert West, Fresno, CA Wed Aug 7, 2013

So, the house i'm living in has been sold at a foreclosure auction.
I am not, or have ever been the trustee of the estate. my parents were, and they have both recently past away. The Trust was sold by the bank to "Old republic default management services". So, when the house was sold it was sold by them. I, myself am on no legal documents tied to the house. i was 18 when all this talk about foreclosure started. I have been left to deal with this all on own. It's very frustrating at times when everyone gives you different answers.

My main question is how long do i have, and what should i expect?

Note: I live in Fresno, California.

Answers

3
Unfortunately real estate agents are not allowed to give you legal advice. Beyond our scope of practice.
You can do a lot of research yourself (a crash course in law) or you need to get an attorney.
If you decide to do a crash course, the Talkshoe series are good. John Stuart and others give good advice.
there should be a notice and contact phone # following the trustee sale or someone will come knocking on the door, answer it! they may give you "cash for keyes" to vacate on an agreed date but you should start packing as you need to vacate soon unless you come to an agreement with the agent /new owners and they would rather work with you as a cooperative tenant than have to go thru a lengthy eviction process
You can call me or send me an email. Lets talk and see what options you have as it depends on what stage the foreclosure process is.

Regards

Jain Rishab
RE/MAX Active Realty.
Short Sale And Foreclosure Resource
Phone: (510) 676-4770
Email:korerealty1@gmail.com