Foreclosure in 06457>Question Details

Shakact, Home Owner in Middletown, CT

How do you stop or prolong a sale date/ law day?

Asked by Shakact, Middletown, CT Wed Aug 29, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


You need an attorney. If you would prefer to keep the property and negotiate a settlement, contact us!

If money is an obstacle, our services may be ideal for you. Not only do our research and support provide you and your attorney the greatest possible leverage with which you can negotiate, we pay your legal fees. Most of our clients pay us a fee that is contingent on their successful outcome in small monthly installments.

But you may also be eligible for our no-cost legal financing program- funding and support that we donate to certain homeowners. To qualify, the the household must have experienced or be facing death, serious illness or injury, or another crisis of similar weight. In cases we accept, a forbearance plan or typical loan modification would not be help enough.

There is no fee at any time for this special not-for-profit program, and we currently have ten openings.

To learn more and to apply for either our regular legal financing or our no-cost legal financing programs, visit our website.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
you need a very good attorney, one who is an expert in foreclosures and/or short sales.
i have a few i do business with, one, in particular,
Lou Tavano
have worked with him many times, he is excellent.
These days things are more complicted, you need someone in your corner.
your situation is also complicated by the fact your law date has already been set.
call him today.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
You need a foreclosure defense attorney ASAP. Also if you find a buyer for the home, the lender may give you more time to complete the sale.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2012
Call your attorney immediately.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2012
Consult with an attorney regarding any potential legal avenues. If your law day/sale date has already been set, I am assuming you have already been through the mandatory CT state foreclosure mediation, or you didn't apply for it when it was offered to you Also, if you contact the bank and list the home as a short sale, they may have their attorney open the judgement and extend the law day. Feel free to contact me for more details on a short sale. Patrick
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2012
A couple ways you can do this 1 file ch 7 or 13 bk. Some people are filing skeleton BK their called ask a local BK attorney about this. Start a short sale sometimes banks will give extensions for a short sale to be completed. Hope I helped..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 29, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer