Foreclosure in Chula Vista>Question Details

Jennifer, Other/Just Looking in Chula Vista, CA

How do you find out if a potential rental home is in a foreclosure?

Asked by Jennifer, Chula Vista, CA Wed Apr 9, 2008

Contact a local agent and have them check for Notice of Default for you. If you need further assistance contact me at 760-297-0826 I will be happy to assist you.
Go to and search your potential rental home by address then download a free property report. If you don't see any foreclosure indication, the rental home should be okay.

In California, you can also check with the County Assessor office to inquire about NOD on the home you want to rent.
Web Reference:
You can do several things. Contact a realtor, look into public records, search foreclosure tracking sites.

If you needs any assistance feel free to contact me.
Alison Bell
619-384-6997 or http://
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 10, 2008
A lis pendens is filed which is a public notice of pending litigation. Property ownership, liens and pending litigation are public records.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in ,
You could run a title search on the property through a local title company buy providing them with the address. They will give you a reasonably good report delineating all the loan and lien dynamics on the property.
Is property 324 teal ridge hills dr henderson nv 89014
how do i find out if 1566 burlingame is going into foreclosure
Foreclosure monitoring has two phase. Verify before you sign the lease and monitor the property for future foreclosure activity. You can easily achieve both those things here,…
Ask the rental company or person renting you the house. Also have them put it in writing. Looking on is good but you can also look it up on the San Diego Accessors Web Site too. I would rent from an "Actual Rental Company" to play it safe "although no gaurantees" instead of an individual. A companies reputation is on the line and they're probably making sure that the home they're renting is not a short sale or foreclosure.
You can look up the status on foreclosure web sites like which include lists of
pre-foreclosure and foreclosure homes by zip code .
Web Reference:
Hi Jennifer,

I go with Sandra. You get a straightforward answer and then you can make your decision.

Good Luck,