Foreclosure in 92630>Question Details

dianeandjack, Home Owner in Lake Forest, CA

How do I know who actually bought my condo and when I have to be out?

Asked by dianeandjack, Lake Forest, CA Tue Feb 5, 2013

My condo sold at auction. The new owner (he says he is) has contacted me and wanted to look at the house. Showed up unexpectedly. Says I have to be out in 3 weeks. He will be back and wants the keys. How do I know he actually bought it and when I really have to be out? This was after a Bk filing, not a foreclosure.

Answers

5
All good answers from the agents below. I would second Mike's note that you may be wise to check with an attorney to make sure that your rights are protected.

Check out Legalshield.com. For only $16.95 per month, you can get basic legal advice via phone from expert lawyers. I am NOT a Legal Shield rep, but have many clients who have found it most helpful.

I would be happy to help you if you would shoot me an email, with your property address and when it sold at auction I will do some checking for you.
Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
Estatepricing@yahoo.com
DRE 01405146
You can also demand a copy of the Trustees Deed and ID from the new owner.
Good question: I would want to see proof that they are owners and also a written letter for a request for you to move.

You may want to check with the city for the regulations and also seek professional help to be absolutely sure what you have to do in this case.

Good lcuk
Call the Trustee on the Notice of Sale you got on your door.