Foreclosure in Mid-Cambridge>Question Details

Tracy Barbaro, Home Buyer in 02141

How do I go about making an appointment to view a foreclosed property?

Asked by Tracy Barbaro, 02141 Fri Apr 25, 2014

Answers

6
Tracy,

First, let me say that focusing your search on strictly "foreclosed" homes can limit your options greatly. Also, because a home is a foreclosure doesn't necessarily mean it is a good value. Many foreclosures that I see in our market are over prices...Why? Because as the RE market recovers lenders focus on getting as much for their listings as possible. I'm working with one right now that the lender/seller didn't disclose that the property had been condemned. You can only imaging the mess that has evolved.

Remember, in many cases these home have been abandoned and neglected and may be hiding HUGE problems that will surface down the road. Regardless of what type of purchase you make always be sure to exercise your options and have your property well inspected.

How can you see these properties....well, any local real estate professional can accomplish this but you will benefit from working with someone that knows this market and places your well being ahead of their need for a sale. IMO the best "foreclosure" agents are those that have the ability to share and explain things as they see them.....regardless!

Just telling it like it is!

If the property is listed in the MLS, a local Realtor can schedule an appointment to show it to you. If it is not yet listed for sale and is just undergoing the foreclosure process then you probably cannot view it yet. Some bank foreclosures also go to auction and that would be a different situation as well.
Contact means I can assist you throughout the process
First find a Realtor you can trust and bond with. Interview a few if you want. Type in the town plus key words on Google and find out who has a good Internet presence is my sustention.
Tracy,
Call any REALTOR in the Mid-Cambridge area.
You will get a more timely response.
If you are serious, pick up the phone and call.
If you are not serious, not ready or able to buy a this moment, use the 'contact' link below their image.
Contact the agent that has the listing on the for sale sign on the front lawn. If there isn't one, it isn't for sale and you have no one to contact until it is.