Nichole Pace, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA

How do I go about getting more foreclosure clean outs?

Asked by Nichole Pace, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jul 28, 2009

Answers

14
Everyone keeps telling me to buy a list.
Just don’t want to come off like one of those sales callers or telemarketers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 23, 2010
I'm with you. I wouldn't buy a list. There are TONS of agents in your area who are working with foreclosures. Just target them, one firm at a time, and contact each one via email or in person. Leave your flyers at their office. Introduce yourself to their broker.
I would solicit the agents who work the foreclosures directly, not the banks. In each office it seems one-two agents work the foreclosures. Figure out who those people are, and make a flyer offering your services. Take it right to their office and try to see them in person to introduce yourself.
focus on the buyers. A lot of banks have deal with brokerages already. You can create deals with individuals, especially investors in your area. But contact the banks any way to see what they have in place.
Jerry, please refrain from defaming my personal and business character on this board. Thanking you in advance. (I have reported actions to TRULIA.)

Cassandra Black, Consultant & CEO, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
I have never paid for a lead ever.
Nicole, I hope business is going well for you in Philly! Don't forget to reach out to your competition for their overflow. You can get good referrals from your local competition in same business or in "like" businesses. Call them to say hello and offer your services in case they have overflow; tell them as you continue to grow, you'd like to be able to throw foreclosure cleanup work their way as well. Networking with your "competition" is often an overlooked gold mine!

Cassandra, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC, Atlanta, GA
Hi Nichole, you have to be consistent in your marketing. You can't just send out a few pieces. You must have a bull-dog mentality in any small business. Real estate on several levels is competitive. You have to send postcards, followup w/emails, personal phone calls, ask for referrals from existing customers, send feedback cards so your clients can tell you the good & bad, network at local chamber meetings, drive by realtor offices, attend formal training classes at your local MLS and let other realtors know about your services, market your business online and off. You have to stay on it to succeed in any industry; real estate is a ball of a different sort because there are so many fish out there and you won't be the only one. Have you come up with a USP - "unique selling proposition" - for your business? If so, are you touting that to your potential customers? You have to have something different about your business & sell that to the hilt. For example, in our business, I am a realtor, investor, landlord & owner of a foreclosure cleanup business, which means I have seen ALL sides of a transaction. I don't hesitate to let my clients know I understand their job on all levels. You will do fine!

Cassandra Black, CEO, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
Call any real estate and find the foreclosure agents in your town. You can also go to the local MLS and see who these agents are and the send your resume. Remember that they will have people in place but if you contact them once a week and an opening comes up they will give you a try. Also I have several rental companies that is always in need of clean outs. Find companies that are handling the lower priced rentals and that will be a good start. Good luck
I'm a small firm and I've tried to track these down myself but have found that many banks are contracted with the ReMax's and Coldwell Bankers etc already... they have special divisions for this, so everytime I saw something hit the registry it was a waste of time. I focused on the buyer side instead...
Web Reference: http://www.roperre.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
I have done everything possible. I am getting foreclosures just not enough foreclosures. And the foreclosures are too small of a job.
Thanks everyone for all your help.
Here are a few ideas:

a) Contact the acquiring institutions of failed banks. Go to the FDIC's website for the list of failed banks in your area and get the contact info for the acquiring banks and seek contracts directly that way. You need to be properly licensed and insured.

b) Contact listing realtors that specialize in foreclosures (scour your local MLS -- multiple listing service -- and find those realtors with tons of super low-priced listings to start -- these are usually foreclosures). Many of them will have their own similar companies, but they will need overflow help in this market. And, once you establish a positive rapport and they use you a few times -- and you do WHAT you say you're going to do, WHEN you say you're going to do it, they will call you again.

c) Contact larger "property preservation" companies... just GOOGLE them... usually these big companies will not be based in your city, but they will handle properties throughout U.S.

Cassandra, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC
Do you mean you want to WORK cleaning out foreclosures? If so, get a list of local realtors and send them emails with your proposal. Email them a short paragraph containing all your contact info and ask them to give you any work they have.