Foreclosure in 91011>Question Details

Marjorie, Home Buyer in 91011

How do I go about finding more and bidding on a house for foreclosure - who can I go for help?

Asked by Marjorie, 91011 Sat Sep 13, 2008

I am working with a realtor but... I don't believe is interested at all to show foreclosures or help with finding information about the houses. So... where do I go to find information on foreclosures in my area.

Answers

9
Hi Marjorie
You start with a Realtor with whom you can relate. There is a lot of data out there that any Realtor can advise as to how many homes are foreclosing and how many neighbors are behind on their payments etc.

Be persistent with your Realtor or make the change.

If you are interested in a particular house, then call the listing agent.
You can also call the City Records dept. And they can give you some idea.

Perry
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 6, 2010
Start with the county recorders office. Depending on the size of the town you are looking in, that information may be available online.
There's also a few websites that advertise foreclosures. Try Googling foreclosures.
Another idea to consider is placing your own ad in a local newspaper or on Craigslist.
Also, if there are any banks doing mortgages in your area, ask your banker if they know of any foreclosure properties that might fit your needs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2008
Hi Marjorie,

Many Realtors don't work with foreclosure properties. You need to find an agent who is specializing foreclosures. You can also purchase a service company called Retran for the list of foreclosure properties. Good luck!
I would recommend finding a Realtor who has the experience and know how with foreclosures and short sales. Best of luck!
Hi Marjorie,
A realtor that specializes in REOs can be invaluable in your search for REOs. Our Brokerage deals with REOs exclusively. We can help you and guide you through the process of finding and buying REOs. We have over 250 Foreclosed Homes in inventory and 5 currently in La Canada. E-mail us we can help!

John and Mike
Marjorie all of the information below is good, but you still need a realtor to help you and guide you through. If your current agent is not helping you take advantage of the current market, then move on. Find an agent that is willing to go after what YOU want!! Even if you find a home on foreclosure.com or the county recorders office you still need someone to place an offer for you.

Good Luck!!
Dyanna
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2008
Marjorie,

"The market is what it is...." and some people refuse to adjust.

With this said, thare are many foreclosure opportunities on the market today. If you are working with an agent that is not performing to your expectations...cut them loose and find someone else that can get the job done for you.

foreclosures.com lists many. Most are on the local MLS. Discuss with an agent what you are trying to do. The MLS listings are supposed to state whether they are bank owned- foreclosed, or short sales/bank approval required/third party approval etc. These are pre-foreclosures. If it is advertised as a sheriff's sale, which is just before bank takes over as owner, you can bid on the prop. Call your local sheriff for how they work it.
If I were your agent I would ask why you want to do this? Most bank owned props are distressed, need repairs, are no bargain, cannot be negotiated with a live person. Many realtors avoid this niche because of the time consuming nature and misunderstanding of buyers who think they can get something at a 'fire sale' price. Banks don't give them away. Of course, some agent will write that they do it all the time and with success. They are probably in a very down market area where it is routine. Most of the country is not in that market, yet. And of course, IMHO.
First I recommend you sit down with your agent and let him/her know that you want to learn about and preview REO property. If your agent is unable to meet those needs, you should find an agent who can. Buying bank-owned property requires the help of a hard-working agent who is willing to communicate with you daily as new homes come on the market, analyse the market for you to help you make a decision regarding an offer, make multiple offers, follow up daily with the bank's agents who are often overwhelmed with the number of calls and offers they receive and then, most important of all, navigate you through escrow paying close attention to the often ambiguous bank addendums and timelines. There are some great deals out there for homebuyers.....make sure you are working with an agent who can provide you what you need!